Motorola has rolled out the latest Pie update on all their devices. If you have upgraded your Motorola One Power (chef) to the latest firmware and didn’t like it much, then you can downgrade it. Today in this post, we will guide you on how to downgrade Motorola One Power from Android 9.0 Pie to Oreo. You need to Downgrade Motorola One Power from Android 9.0 Pie to Oreo if you are facing issues in the latest Pie update.
After the latest Pie update, many users are complaining about several issues. Such as battery drain issue, performance issue, camera lag issue etc. To fix this problem, you need to downgrade Motorola One Power to Oreo. This is a fairly complicated process but doesn’t worry. As we will guide you through each step of the process.
What is Downgrade process?
Downgrade process refers to the process where a user installs an outdated os version than the current OS. You might need to downgrade Motorola One Power if you’re not liking the latest pie update. To downgrade your Motorola One Power (chef), you need adb fastboot tool and rollback files for your device. You can find these in the download section below.
Rollback Firmware Details:
- Device: Motorola One Power
- Model: chef
- Android Rollback Version: 9.0 Pie -> 8.1 Oreo
- Rollback UI: Motorola UI
- Status: Official
- Type: Rollback firmware Package
- Changelog: This update will roll back your phone’s operating system to Android 8.1
Download Drivers and Rollback Files
To downgrade you must download the Motorola One Power Rollback file from the link given below in respect of the region code.
Downgrade Motorola One Power from Android 9.0 Pie to Oreo
If you have upgraded your Motorola One Power and don’t like the update or facing any issues like Lag, or your battery draining quickly, then you can downgrade from Android 9.0 Pie to Oreo by following this steps.
- This guide is only for Motorola One Power
- Make sure to download all the required tools, drivers and Rollback package
- Charge your Motorola One Power to at least 50% before following this guide
- By rolling back, you may lose all your data. So take a complete backup of your data.
- I don’t guarantee that this will work on all Motorola One Power variant. So make sure to comment below with your model
Now you can easily revert back to Android Oreo using this guide. The Guide is simple and easy to return to Oreo from 9.0 Pie Update.Guide to flash Motorola Firmware
I hope this guide has helped you to downgrade Motorola One Power from Pie to Oreo. In case you’re facing any kind of issue during the flashing/installing process, then let us know via the comment section.