Last updated on May 8th, 2017 at 11:37 am
Recently OnePlus has released OxygenOS Open Beta 8 Android 7.0 Nougat for OnePlus 3. For any reason, you didn’t like the features of Android Nougat on OnePlus 3 you can easily revert back to Android marshmallow. It’s officially not possible to Downgrade OnePlus 3 from Android Nougat to Marshmallow. But thanks to XDA senior member Mina Mngawy who made it possible to downgrade OnePlus 3 from Android Nougat to Marshmallow or Downgrade OnePlus 3 from OxygenOs Open beta 8 to OxygenOS 3.2.8.
Many users already tasting the sweetness of Android Nougat, But if you didn’t like Nougat for any reason you can easily go back to Android Marshmallow with few clicks. Follow the below steps to Downgrade OnePlus 3 from Android Nougat to Marshmallow.
- This Method is only for OnePlus 3 users.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Download OxygenOS Full Zip file
- Install Modified TWRP for OnePlus 3
- Download Stock Recovery of Oneplus 3
Downgrade OnePlus 3 from Android Nougat to Marshmallow
1. First, Download Modified TWRP for OnePlus 3
2. Flash it via TWRP or flashify or Fastboot.
3. Download OxygenOs 3.2.8 zip from above and save it on your device.
4. Reboot your device into Recovery mode.
5. It asks for any password to decrypted your data, skip it and allow modifications on the system.
6. Now go to Mount and mount system.
7. Now navigate to wipe section and change the file system to EXT 4. For that go to Wipe –> Advanced wipe –> select system –> Repair or Change File System –> Change File System –> EXT4
8. Now Navigate back to wipe section and select Format Data.
9. Now do a Factory Reset again by Going to Wipe –>Advanced Wipe and select everything except USB-OTG and swipe to confirm it.
10. Now reboot your device to recovery.
11. Now without leaving TWRP, transfer the OxygenOS 3.2.8 zip to your device over MTP.
12. Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file.
13. After successful installation, reboot it to bootloader mode.
14. Now download stock recovery from above place it in adb and fastboot folder and rename it to recovery.img
15. Now flash the stock recovery with following command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
16. Now reboot into recovery mode.
17. Now factory reset your phone and reboot.