It’s September, Today Sony started rolling their monthly security patch for Sony Xperia L2. The update brings September 2018 Security Patch and bug fixes. The update is based on the Android 7.1.1 Nougat and bumps the build number from 49.0.A.5.70 to 49.0.A.6.46.
The update is rolling via OTA and will reach every user around the globe. According to Sony, the update is sent in a phase-wise manner and it will take a few days or weeks to reach the update to everyone. You can check for the software update manually on your phone. Instructions are given below. If still not received any OTA update, then you can download and install 49.0.A.6.46 September 2018 Security for Xperia L2.
[su_note note_color=”#fff3d4″ text_color=”#000000″]Keep your Android phone or tablet up to date to benefit from the best new features and keep you safe from security threats. We explain how to check for over-the-air[/su_note]
How to Check Software Update on your Sony Xperia:
To receive the update, you must be logged in as the owner, that is, the primary user, to update the device. Now on your phone, make sure you have a stable WiFi or 4G connection to download the software update. Charge your phone to at least 50% battery. Before upgrading, also make sure to take a full backup of your data to avoid any problem in case things go wrong.
- On your home screen.
- Tap on Settings.
- Go to About phone > Software Update.
[su_note note_color=”#fbfae1″ text_color=”#000000″]If no new software is available, it’s possible that you may not have enough free memory on your device.[/su_note]
- In case if an update is available.
- hit the DOWNLOAD to start downloading.
- When the download is finished, open the Notification panel again if it is closed, then tap Install and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
[su_note note_color=”#fffdc4″ text_color=”#000000″]
If anyone has a mirror link, please comment the link here. We will surely credit you with the same. You can download the file and upload it to any mirror hosting website.
Download Firmware FTF File
How to Manually Install 49.0.A.6.46 September 2018 Security:
To install the firmware, first, follow the pre-requisite steps.
- Firmware Supported for Xperia L2.
- Charge your phone to at least 50% before upgrading
- Take a complete backup before doing this procedure. If your device is rooted, then you can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- Make sure that you have Latest Sony USB drivers installed on your PC/Laptop.
- Download Sony Flashtool and install on your PC.
- First of all, Download Sony Flashtool and install on your PC/Laptop
- Download the FTF Files and move the firmware file to your Sony Flash Tool –> Firmware folder
- Make sure to install the Flash tool drivers on PC by finding the installed location of Sony Flashtool (C:\Users\–PC Name–\flashtool.)
- Now download the Sony USB Drivers from the Pre-Requisite link and install it
- Now you need to enable USB Debugging on your smartphone. To Enable the USB Debugging, First, you need to activate the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“.
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging.
- Now run the Sony Flashtool.exe on your Computer
- Power off and now hold VOLUME DOWN button and connect the phone to the computer using USB Cable.
- Once your phone detects on Sony Flashtool window
- Now in the Flashtool Window, Tap on Flash device –>> Flash mode and select the firmware from the firmware folder
- Recommended to clean install by selecting the Wipe, Userdata, and app_log (This will wipe your data and do a clean installation)
- Now tap on OK button and wait for the firmware to load completely.
- Your installation process will start, now wait for a few minutes to complete the installation.
- have fun with the latest version of 49.0.A.6.46 Oreo update on Xperia L2.
This Article is about installing the latest September 2018 Security Update for Xperia L2. Hope you found this article helpful. Let us know your feedback on 49.0.A.6.46 Oreo in the comment section below.