The South-Korean tech-giant Samsung has started rolling out the new security patch for the Samsung Galaxy A5 (SM-A520W) in the Canada region. The latest firmware update brings the Android Security patch level to July 2019. The update is now live for Canada variant Galaxy A5 2017 model (SM-A520W). The software version for Galaxy A5 2017 comes with the baseband version A520WVLS9CSG1 which also brings system improvements and bug fixes. It’s based on Android 8.0 Oreo version. Here in this article, you can Download A520WVLS9CSG1: Canada Galaxy A5 2017 July 2019 Security patch. Additionally, we will also share with you the requirements, tools, and installation steps in detail as well.
Table of Contents
Check for OTA Updates Manually
You can download it over the air by tapping the Download updates manually option in the Software update menu in the device Settings app.
- Go to Settings > About phone > Software updates > and tap on the Check for Updates.
- If you find any new software update on Galaxy A5 (2017), you can tap on the Download now button to start upgrading. Wait till the download process completes and your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Your device will reboot and wait for the installation process to complete. Tap on OK button.
- That’s it! You’ve successfully updated your software update on Galaxy A5 (2017).
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy A5 2017
- Region: Canada
- Model: SM-A520W
- Baseband Version: A520WVLS9CSG1
- Security Patch Level: 01.07.2019 (July)
- Software: ODIN Flash Tool
- Android OS: 8.0 Oreo
Steps to Install Canada Galaxy A5 2017 July 2019 Security patch
If you have not received the OTA update on your handset, you can manually flash the stock firmware 0n your handset. You can always follow this simple guide to update the firmware manually by using ODIN Flash Tool. Follow the full instruction properly to install new update on Canada Galaxy A5 (2017).
- This ROM file is supported for Galaxy A5 2017 [SM-A520W].
- Download the required firmware, tools, and drivers from the above link.
- Charge the phone battery up to 50% at least.
- You will require a PC or Laptop and a USB cable to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup (No Root) on your phone before Installing any new firmware. Therefore, in case anything goes wrong, you will get back all of your important data.
- You will need to Enter into Samsung Download Mode.
Steps to Install Firmware via Odin Tool
After following the guides and required tools or drivers downloading, you can install the stock firmware or firmware update on your Samsung device. Check out the guide mentioned below.Guide to Install Samsung Stock Firmware via Odin Tool
Hope this guide will be helpful to you. Feel free to write down your comments below.