Two years ago, Xiaomi released its one of the subsidiary brands POCO that comes with an affordable flagship-killer smartphone called Poco F1. And the affordable flagship category smartphone trend comes into the light. Now, after two years, that brand POCO has become an independent company and recently launched an upper mid-range segment device called Poco X2.
Today we will guide on How to Install crDroid OS on Poco X2 (phoenix). This Custom Firmware is based on Android 10 Q and now officially rolled out for Poco X2. To Install any Custom ROM, you need to unlock bootloader and install the latest TWRP Recovery on your device.
Table of Contents
Poco X2 Specifications: Overview
The Poco X2 comes with a 6.67-inches IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1080×2400 pixels and features a 20:9 aspect ratio, 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10 support, 500 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. It’s powered by the octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G SoC, paired with Adreno 618 GPU. The device packs 6GB/8GB of RAM and 64GB/128GB/256GB of internal storage option. It runs on MIUI 11 on the top of Android 10 out-of-the-box.
The handset sports a quad rear camera setup of 64MP (wide, f/1.9) + 8MP (ultrawide, f/2.2) + 2MP (macro, f/2.4) + 2MP (depth, f/2.4) lens with PDAF, Dual-LED flash, HDR, Panorama, etc. On the front side, the device packs a dual 20MP (wide, f/2.2) + 2MP (depth, f/2.4) selfie camera setup with HDR, AI Face Unlock, Beautify mode, Portrait mode, etc. A decent 4,500mAh battery backs it with 27W fast charging support.
In terms of the connectivity option, the handset features a 3.5mm audio jack, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, Infrared Port, FM Radio, USB Type-C port, USB OTG, etc. an ambient light sensor, an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, compass sensor
What is crDroid OS:
crDroid OS is a new custom ROM based on AOSP/ Lineage OS built from scratch by adding customization option from AOSPA, Lineage, SlimROM, crDroid OS and many others great ROMs out there. The ROM brings a lot of customization option along with Pure Android Experience.
Yes, you can enjoy the real Pixel smartphone experience by flashing the crDroid OS on your phone. Here we will list all the supported smartphone which can install the crDroid OS. crDroid was first developed for HTC smartphone and later started the same project for many new smartphones.
crDroid OS Features:
- Pixel look and feel
- Lineage OS – all mods and features
- 15 New Quick Settings Tiles including Caffeine mode, Expanded Desktop, and Sync
- Settings/Security: Quick PIN/Password Unlock
- Pixel Launcher
- Default sounds from latest Nexus image
- Stability and performance improvements
- And much more
Now download and install crDroid OS on Poco X2 (phoenix). This is an official crDroid OS built from scratch development. This ROM is still under development so expect some bugs and lags. You can anytime revert back to Stock ROM or any other custom ROM on Poco X2.
Steps to Install crDroid OS on Poco X2
- Supported: Poco X2 (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download Xiaomi USB Drivers
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to unlock the bootloader on your device.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Poco X2
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- Download CRdroid ROM base:
Android 10 Q
- First of all, Download and move the both ROM and Gapps zip file to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the crDroid OS on Poco X2 successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- How to Install POSP ROM on Xiaomi Poco X2 based on Android 10 Q
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Q for Xiaomi Poco X2
- Download and Install DerpFest ROM for Xiaomi Poco X2 based on Android 10 Q
- Download and Update ArrowOS on Xiaomi Poco X2 with Android 10 Q
- Download and Update Havoc OS on Xiaomi Poco X2 (Android 10 Q)