HMD Global has launched its new Android One program running a smartphone called Nokia 6.2 in October 2019. The handset comes with Android 9.0 Pie out-of-the-box and due to the Android One support, it will soon get Android 10 update as well. If you’re a Nokia 6.2 user and want to install any Custom ROM on it, this guide is for you. Here you can Download and Install Lineage OS 16 on Nokia 6.2 based on Android 9.0 Pie.
Though the stock Android UI looks so clean and performs really well, some Android users don’t like the interface that much. Lineage OS is one of the most popular and a quite stable Custom ROMs that you will find it right now. A huge thanks to the XDA Senior Member Raghu_varma for providing the firmware download link along with the full installation process. But before going to the topic, make sure to unlock the bootloader on Nokia 6.2 (Codenamed as sld-sprout/Starlord) and keep a full backup of device data at first. Check out the full guide below.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. The top features of Android 9 Pie are New QS UI, New volume slider, Advanced Battery & Brightness, Notch Support, Digital Wellbeing, New Recent UI, and more.
Watch The Video about What’s on Android 9.0 Pie.
Lineage OS 16 Based on Android 9.0 Pie
Lineage OS 16 is the latest Custom Firmware based on Android 9 Pie AOSP which is one of the major and most stable versions by Google yet. It brings plenty of features and customization options which allows users to be more advanced. While the Stock ROM doesn’t provide you that much customization options. LineageOS is the part of CyanogenOS which was popular and widely used by the users. The CyanogenOS developers working hard to provide better user experience with possible latest versions.
What's Working and What's Not:
- Camera / Camcorder
- RIL (LTE/CALL/SMS)
- In-Call Voices/Mic
- Hotspot (2.4Ghz / 5Ghz)
- Audio recording
- GNSS GPS
- USB (ADB/MTP/PTP)
- Audio Playback
- Video Playback
- IR Blaster
- Sensors / Proximity Sensor
What’s not working:
- You tell me.
Steps to Install Lineage OS 16 on Nokia 6.2
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Nokia 6.2 (SLD-sprout)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You need to Unlock the bootloader on Nokia 6.2 device.
- Download and Install TWRP Recovery on Nokia 6.2.
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same. [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
Instructions to Install:
- Make sure that you have downloaded all the required files on your device.
- Now, copy the TWRP image file, GApps file, and ROM zip file to your device’s internal storage.
- Next, reboot your Nokia 6.2 into recovery mode.
- You will boot into TWRP Recovery mode.
- Select Format data > Type YES to confirm [This will wipe everything].
- Flash the ROM zip file from the Install option.
- Now reboot into recovery again
- Flash Gapps zip file and flash Perf-Stock-9.0-SLD_sprout.zip file.
- Now wipe all except system & vendor
- Tap on reboot bootloader
- Your device will now boot into bootloader mode.
- Open the command window and flash vbmeta using this command given below.
- for slot-a >
fastboot flash vbmeta_a --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta.img
- for slot-b>
fastboot flash vbmeta_b --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta.img
- Finally, reboot your phone into a new system. Wait for it, as the boot process will take a few minutes.
- That’s it. Enjoy!
Nokia 6.2 Device Overview
The Nokia 6.2 device comes with a 6.3-inches FHD+ PureDisplay with 1080×2280 pixels resolution. The screen also supports HDR10 and Always-on display. It’s powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 SoC, paired with 3GB/4GB RAM and 32GB/64GB/128GB of internal storage options (expandable up to 512GB). It runs on Android 9.0 Pie stock UI.
In terms of the camera department, the Nokia 6.2 packs a triple rear camera setup of a 16MP primary wide-angle camera (f/1.8), a secondary 8MP ultrawide lens (f/2.2), and a tertiary 5MP depth sensor. It has Phase detection autofocus, HDR, Panorama, and an LED flash. While the front features an 8MP selfie shooter with an f/2.0 aperture lens.
The handset is backed by a 3,500 mAh non-removable battery with a 10W charging. While the device includes all the major connectivity options like Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5, A-GPS, GPS, GLONASS, a 3.5mm audio jack, USB Type-C port, USB OTG, FM radio, NFC (except India), etc. The device also features some of the necessary sensors like an accelerometer, ambient light, compass, a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Lineage OS 16 on Nokia 6.2 device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.