This year the Chinese smartphone brand OnePlus has launched OnePlus 7 series flagship devices which include OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro. If you’re using the OnePlus 7 Pro or planning to buy it and want to use any Android 10 ported Custom ROM, this guide is for you. Follow this guide completely. The device comes with an immersive display with a 90Hz refresh rate and flagship processor, triple rear camera. While the handset also offers dual stereo speakers, pop-up selfie camera, game mode, and more. The Android 10 is also official now and rolling out to some devices as well. Here we will share the link to Download Pixel 3 XL Android 10 Port ROM on OnePlus 7 Pro. Additionally, we will also provide the installation steps in brief as well.
Android is an open-source platform based on Linux and easily customizable as well. An advanced user or a developer can build a Custom ROM easily from the device source code. As we all know that Android is known for its customizations and easy to use nature. Android users love to customize, tweak or use modded files on their devices. Android 10 is the latest version of Android OS which offers so many features and improvements to the system. Check out detailed Android 10 features. OnePlus is currently rolling out the Android 10 open beta to the OnePlus 7 Pro beta users.
Before going to the installation process, let’s take a look at the device specifications.
OnePlus 7 Pro Specifications: Overview
The device comes with a 6.7-inches Fluid AMOLED Quad HD+ curved display with no notch. It has a screen resolution of 3120×1440 pixels of 516PPI along with a 90Hz refresh rate. The handset is powered by the latest flagship Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 SoC paired with Adreno 640 GPU.
It comes in three variants of 6GB RAM+128GB storage, 8GB RAM+256GB storage, and 12GB RAM+256GB storage options. In terms of the camera department, it has a single 16MP of pop-up selfie camera with AI modes like HDR, PDAF, AI Portrait, AI Beautify mode.
The primary 48MP (f/1.6) Sony IMX586 sensor + 16MP (f/2.2) Ultra-Wide sensor of a 117-degree view + an 8MP telephoto (f/2.4) lens which supports OIS with 3x optical zoom. Additionally, the rear camera has an LED flashlight with HDR, AI Portrait, Night Sight Mode, PDAF, EIS, OIS, Scene Recognition, etc.
Pixel 3 XL QP1A Ported ROM for OnePlus 7 Pro
Thanks to one of the senior members of XDA Developers, ProtoDeVNan0, for sharing the Pixel 3XL QP1A ported ROM for OnePlus 7 Pro based on Android 10. Hence, if you love Custom ROMs and want to taste the Android 10 Custom ROM on your OnePlus 7 Pro, check out the full guide. Follow the full installation guide with download links and pre-requirements.
According to the developer, the build is quite stable and can be used as a daily driver on the OnePlus 7 Pro handset. It brings the stock Android UI with the latest September Android Security Patch level. The ROM offers a bloatware-free system, a modded vendor for smooth Pixel experience, and more. As the Custom ROM is in early stage and based on recently launched Android 10, it has some bugs.
Check out the full features of this ported ROM along with what’s working and known bugs in brief.
Ported ROM Features:
- Stock Pixel 3XL QP1A Firmware
- September Security Patch
- Debloated System
- Modded vendor for “Pixel Smoothness”
- Pixelified Vendor
- All Pixel 3XL features available
- Almost everything (check bugs)
- AOD works also
What’s Not Working / Known Bugs:
- Fingerprint scanner may not work (maybe 4xl will support it).
- Brightness Control issue.
- Auto-rotation may crash on your phone.
- 60Hz refresh rate is enabled by default for now.
- The front camera might not pop-up. (try OxygenOS Camera app and report what happens)
- Device Model: OnePlus 7 Pro (Codenamed: guacamole)
- ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
- ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
- Firmware: Pixel 3XL QP1A
- ROM Firmware Required: OxygenOS Latest Open Beta
- Based On: Pixel
- Status: Stable
Steps to Install Pixel 3 XL Android 10 Port ROM on OnePlus 7 Pro
As the developers are working on the latest Android 10 Custom ROM for the OnePlus 7 Pro, the future updates will be much stable and fully-featured. Currently, the ported ROM brings Pixel like experience to the device along with some features. But it also has some bugs which may be fixed in the next update.
If you really want to taste the latest Android 10 system interface and its features right now, you can manually flash the ported firmware file on your device. Now, check out the full details.
We’re at GetDroidTips won’t be responsible for any kind of damage or error occurs to your device while or after following this guide or installing the firmware file. We will recommend you to wait for the official Stock OxygenOS 10 update based on Android 10 for your OnePlus 7 Pro. You may not use the ported ROM as a daily driver like a Stock ROM. Make sure to take a complete backup before doing anything. Proceed at your own risk.
- This ported Custom ROM file is supported only for OnePlus 7 Pro (Unofficial). Don’t try it on other devices.
- Charge your device battery at least up to 60% for a smoother process.
- You need to enable the Developer options and USB debugging on your device.
- Your OnePlus 7 Pro device must have an unlocked bootloader.
- Take a complete backup of your device data at first.
- Create a Nandroid backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Once you have unlocked your device from above, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 7 Pro.
- Next, boot into the TWRP Recovery menu via Fastboot method.
- Then flash Open Beta Q twice (Once is fine but twice is recommended)
- Next, Mount system and vendor as well.
- Then flash the Play Store fix zip file.
- When everything is done, reboot your device normally.
- Wait for the device to boot into the new system.
- That’s it.
We assume that you have successfully installed the Pixel 3 XL Android 10 Port ROM on OnePlus 7 Pro handset. If you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.