Motorola Moto G5 Plus (codenamed: Potter)smartphone was launched in February 2017. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 7.0 Nougat and planned an upgrade to Android 8.1 Oreo. Motorola currently stopped support for this device. Now you can install the Custom ROM called ArrowOS on Moto G5 Plus. The ROM is based on Android 11, 10 and 9.0 Pie and developed by XDA Senior member kubersharma. Full Credits to him and the team behind ArrowOS.
Talking about the specifications, Moto G5 features a 5.0-inches display whereas the Moto G5 Plus sports a 5.2-inches display. Both have a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. Moto G5 powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 whereas G5 Plus has a 625 processor coupled with either 3/4GB of RAM. The phone packs 16GB (G5) and 32GB (G5 Plus) internal memory. The camera on the Moto G5 comes with 12 MP and G5 Plus has 13MP. On the front, both have a 5 MP selfie camera. It has a fingerprint sensor on the front.
To install ArrowOS on Moto G5 Plus, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new ArrowOS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of ArrowOS.
Table of Contents
What is ArrowOS?
ArrowOS is a new Custom ROM and it is AOSP inspired open-source project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat. The ROM brings almost the same feature which is very useful for the ROM customization and in the end aiming to deliver smooth performance with better battery life. ArrowOS is developed and managed by Bauuuuu, Ganesh Verma, Kuber Sharma.
ArrowOS 11.0 based on Android 11
Well, Android 11, Google’s 11th iteration looks similar to Android 10 but with a handful of new features and changes. The update brings notification history, Chat bubbles, Conversation notifications, screen recorder, new media controls, smart device controls, one-time permission, improved dark theme with the scheduling system, app suggestions, wireless android auto, and many more. For more, check out our article Android 11 supported list, Android 11 Custom ROM list, best Android 11 features, and many more.
Credits to kubersharma
Android 10 Q based ArrowOS
Android 10 Q is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Android 9.0 Pie based ArrowOS
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Steps to Install ArrowOS on Moto G5 Plus:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Moto G5 Plus (Potter)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest Motorola USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools]
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Moto G5 Plus.
- Once you have unlocked it, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Moto G5 Plus. [Watch Video]
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Moto G5 Plus.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on the Install option and look for the downloaded ArrowOS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy ArrowOS on Moto G5 Plus (Potter).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU.zip or you can try Magisk.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the ArrowOS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- Download and Update PixysOS on Moto G5 Plus with 9.0 Pie
- Download and Update Havoc OS on Moto G5 Plus with 8.1.0 Oreo Firmware
- How to Install Android Pie 9.0 GSI on Moto G5 Plus [Treble / Generic System image]
- Update Liquid Remix Oreo on Motorola Moto G5 Plus based Android 8.1 Oreo
- List of Best Custom ROM for Motorola Moto G5 Plus (potter)