Huawei P8 Lite 2017 (Codenamed: hi6250) came out of the box with Android 7.0 Nougat and later upgraded to Android Oreo. Now you can install the Custom ROM called CypherOS on Huawei P8 Lite 2017. The ROM is based on Android 9.0 Pie and developed by XDA Recognized Contributor haky 86. Full Credits to him and the team behind CypherOS.
Talking about the specs, Huawei P8 Lite 2017 was launched in January 2017. The smartphone features a 5.2-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 655 coupled with 3/4 GB of RAM. The phone packs 16/64GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Huawei P8 Lite 2017 sports a with 12 MP rear Camera and 8MP front shooting camera. Huawei P8 Lite 2017 runs on Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box with a non-removable battery of 3000 mAh.
To install CypherOS on Huawei P8 Lite 2017, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new CypherOS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of CypherOS.
Table of Contents
What is CypherOS?
CypherOS is a new Custom ROM and it is based on Android Open Source Code (AOSP). The ROM is an extension of pure Android and tries to maintain the purity of Android while offering useful features for users. The goal is to give the highest level of performance whilst achieving Simplicity. CypherOS is also known as AOSCP which stands for Android Open Source CypherOS Project.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Steps to Install CypherOS on Huawei P8 Lite 2017:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Huawei P8 Lite 2017 (hi6250)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest Huawei USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools]
- CypherOS zip file: Download
- Download latest Gapps file:
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Huawei P8 Lite 2017.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Huawei P8 Lite 2017.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Huawei P8 Lite 2017.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded CypherOS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy CypherOS on Huawei P8 Lite 2017 (hi6250).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the CypherOS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.