LG started rolling Android 9.0 Pie update for LG G7 ThinQ in Europe variants with build number G710EM20b. The update is confirmed to be running on a stable version of Android Pie for European LG G7 ThinQ with LG UI software.
The Android Pie upgrade comes with a large number of new and enhanced features. Along with that, it also brings the May 2019 security patch. As the usual routine goes, Android 9 Pie update is rolling over-the-air. It weighs around 1.32GB, so if you choose to download, do it using Wi-Fi.
With the upgrade to Android Pie, Samsung introduces the One UI user interface. Speaking of Android Pie the users will now see new features such as new settings UI, all-new gesture navigation, new power menu and revamped volume slider on the home screen. Now there is a dedicated screenshot button for the device. Also, users will see other features like enhanced Auto-fill API, new notification panel, etc.
Latest Android 9.0 Pie update G710EM20b update is rolling as an over-the-air(OTA) update. So, technically your LG G7 ThinQ should notify you of the update. Then all you have to do is simply download and install the new software. It may happen that while you keep waiting for the airborne system update, but it delays too much to show up. Then to fix that, you can search for the new OTA update G710EM20b on your own. It’s quite simple.
Go to your phone Settings > System Update > tap on Check for Latest Updates.
- Device Name: LG G7 ThinQ
- Model: LMG710EM
- Region: Europe
- Baseband Version: G710EM20b
- Security Patch Level: 01.05.2019
- Software Supported: LG Flash tool
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
How to Download?
Download Link is given below:
Steps to Install Update on European LG G7 ThinQ Manually:
Please note, before following manual setup, you should read the pre-requisites carefully.
- This is for Model: LG G7 ThinQ (Europe variant)
- Make sure the downloaded software is genuine.
- Your device must have 70% battery.
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action.
- USB Drivers: Download and Install Latest LG USB Drivers
- Download LG Bridge software.
- Download LG FlashTool and LG UP
- Now follow the steps to install LG firmware on any LG phones.
Disclaimer: We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
Instructions to Install:
Follow our guide on how to upgrade European LG G7 ThinQ to Android Pie update
I hope this guide was useful to install European LG G7 ThinQ Android 9.0 Pie in USA region with software version G710EM20b.