Verizon rolled the latest Google Security Patch update for April 2018 with build number G928VVRS3CRD2 for Samsung Galaxy S6 edge plus (SM-G928V). The update is based on Android 7.0 Nougat and currently rolling via OTA. With this update, Verizon has fixed critical vulnerabilities that were discovered in the AndroidOS aside from countless moderate-risk and high-risk vulnerabilities.
About the specifications, Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ features a 5.7 inches Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels. The display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 4. The smartphone is powered by Exynos 7420 Octa SoC coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32GB or 64GB internal memory. The camera on the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ comes with 16MP rear Camera and 5MP front shooting camera. Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ runs on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop out of the box with a Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery.
The rollout is gradual, it may take some time to reach every user around in Verizon Wireless Network US. So you can either wait for the software update to hit your phone or you can manually upgrade your phone to this latest build G928VVRS3CRD2 using our manual guide.
If you are running Stock ROM with roots or mods, then your OTA update may fail. You can manually upgrade to G928VVRS3CRD2 build on Verizon Galaxy S6 edge plus (SM-G928V) by following the below instructions to upgrade via ODIN Downloader.
Still not received the OTA update? Then follow the below instruction to check for new OTA update on your phone.
How to Check Software Update on Verizon Galaxy S6 edge plus?
- In your phone, tap the Menu Key > Open Settings > Tap on About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates.
- If your device finds a new software update, tap Download now. Once the download complete, your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Your device will reboot and wait for the installation process to complete. Tap OK. That’s it! You’ve successfully updated your software.
[su_note note_color=”#fdf8db” text_color=”#000000″]Before proceeding to download, Verizon Galaxy S6 edge plus must have enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also to install this update, make sure you have enough storage on your device to complete the installation process. We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Before following this, take a complete data backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. After following the procedure mentioned above, you can now start downloading April 2018 Security for Verizon Galaxy S6 edge plus. As this update is based on Android 7.0 Nougat, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install.[/su_note]
- Android P: Supported Device List, Features and Release Date
- How to Flash Android P Developer Preview Factory Image on your device
- Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices, Release Data and More
- Verizon Galaxy S6 Edge Plus Stock Firmware collections
- How To Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery On Galaxy S6 Edge Plus (All Variant)
- List of Supported TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Devices
Steps to Install G928VVRS3CRD2 on Verizon Galaxy Note8:Watch The Video on How to install Stock Firmware on any Samsung Galaxy devices using ODIN
If you have not received the OTA update, rooted or installed any custom ROM, then you can simply follow this guide to the update manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on Galaxy S6 edge plus.
Link Expired. New Link Coming Soon
Required ODIN AND DRIVERS:
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software
- Make sure to install Samsung USB Drivers
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- This ROM is supported for Verizon Galaxy S6 edge plus (SM-G928V)
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
How to update via ODIN Software
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software and drivers on your PC. By following the below link, you can upgrade the OS version to G928VVRS3CRD2 on Verizon Galaxy S6 edge plus (SM-G928V).
I hope this guide was helpful to install a new software update on your device.
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Device
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices