Verizon has started rolling out the August 2019 security patch update for Galaxy S10 5G (SM-G977U). It comes with the build number G977UVRU2ASH7 and is based on the latest Android 9.0 Pie version. The software update brings some of the bug fixes and system performance improvements as well.
The update is currently rolling out the firmware update for Verizon carriers via OTA (over the air). Along with Security patch, this update also brings performance and stability improvement. Here is the full detailed sheet of changes with August 2019, Android security patch. We have shared an installation guide along with pre-requirements, download links, and other tools. So, check out the full guide below.
The software update is currently available for Verizon carriers in USA. If you have not received then you can check for the OTA update manually.
Check for OTA Updates on Galaxy S10 5G
OTA (over-the-air) update comes automatically to a device whenever the manufacturer released an Android update for a particular device. Most of the smartphone OEMs provide OTA updates to its devices in incremental mode and takes a few days to receive completely. However, if your device isn’t receiving any OTA updates automatically, you can check for it.
In order to check for the OTA updates manually on your handset:
- Go to your phone Settings > System Update.
- Tap on Check for Latest Updates.
- If the G977UVRU2ASH7 August 2019 patch update is available on your device, then tap on Download and Install it.
G977UVRU2ASH7: Firmware Details
Here is a little info about the firmware which brings the August 2019 security patch for Galaxy S10 5G.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S10 5G
- Model: SM-G977U
- Baseband Version: G977UVRU2ASH7
- Region: USA
- Carriers: Verizon
- Security Patch Level: 2019-08-01
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
How to Install August 2019 Update on Verizon Galaxy S10 5G
We have to follow the regular process of using the Samsung Odin flash tool to install or update the Samsung stock firmware on Verizon Galaxy S10 5G device. We have provided the full guide below which will help you install the software on your phone. However, make sure to check the guidelines before you begin to flash the new update.
- This Pie-based firmware is only for Verizon Galaxy S10 5G. Don’t use it other devices.
- Keep your device charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- A PC/Laptop and USB cable are required to connect your device with the PC.
- Take a Full Backup without Root on your phone before installing any new firmware.
- You must install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies software.
- You need to Enter the Samsung Download Mode.
Here is the download link for the new August 2019 security patch update based stock firmware for Verizon Galaxy S10 5G (SM-G977U).
Installation Guide for Firmware
After downloading the firmware file, you need to use Odin Flash Tool to flash it on your device. Here is a detailed guide which you can follow to install the firmware on your device.Guide to Install Firmware on any Samsung Device via Odin Tool
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:
We hope this guide will be helpful to you and you’ve successfully installed the Stock Firmware on your Verizon Galaxy S10 5G device. If you’re facing any issues regarding this, you can write down your comments in the comment section below.