Samsung has started pushing the latest June 2020 Android Security Patch level for the US Unlocked Galaxy S20 model that bumps up a new software version G981U1UEU1ATF1 based on Android 10. The One UI 2.0 update for the US Unlocked Galaxy S20 (SM-G981U1) is available for all the US Unlocked carriers like Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T, Virgin Mobile, Tracfone, Bluegrass, and Nextech. All the interested users can download and install this update from the guide below with links and requirements.
The firmware update is waving in a phased manner via OTA and may take a couple of days or so in order to hit all the US Unlocked Galaxy S20 units. As mentioned the software update brings the latest June 2020 Android Security Patchset that offers security vulnerability fixes that can prevent remote attackers to harm your device system and data. Either you can check for OTA updates on your handset or manually flash the firmware by following the guide below.
In order to check for the OTA update, just head over to the Settings > Software updates > Check for updates. If the new update is available, download and install it. Ensure to connect your handset to Wi-Fi network and charge it more than 50%.
Table of Contents
Firmware Details: G981U1UEU1ATF1
- Model Name: Samsung Galaxy S20
- Model Number: SM-G981U1
- Region: USA (US Unlocked)
- Build Number: G981U1UEU1ATF1
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-06-01
- Supported Carriers: Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T, Tracfone, Virgin Mobile, Bluegrass, and Nextech.
How to Flash June 2020 Security Patch on the US Unlocked Galaxy S20
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy S20 device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This ROM is supported only on Samsung Galaxy S20 US Unlocked variant (SM-G981U1).
- To avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process, make sure to charge it at least 50% or more
- You need a PC or Laptop with original or genuine USB Cable to install this.
- To avoid losing your data, we always recommend taking a complete backup.
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.How to Install Stock Firmware on Galaxy S20 using the ODIN Tool
So, make sure to download the June 2020 Security patch for your US Unlocked Galaxy S20 model with build number G981U1UEU1ATF1. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.