After rolling out the March Security update to several Samsung devices by Samsung. Today the company has started seeding a new firmware update for Galaxy S5 Duos. The latest OTA comes with build number G900FDXXS1CQC1 for Galaxy S5 Duos. If you are running the Stock unrooted Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy S5 Duos, then you will receive the notification anytime soon on your device. The update is sent via OTA (Over the air) to all Galaxy S5 Duos in Phase wise manner.
The latest build G900FDXXS1CQC1 comes with March Security Patch, fixes several bugs and improves the stability and performance of the device. Now you can enjoy the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Galaxy S5 Duos G900FD by following the below step by step guide to flash Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Galaxy S5 Duos G900FD. This new update comes with March 2017 Android Security Patch for Galaxy S5 Duos G900FD.
In our guide, you can either follow any of the three method to get G900FDXXS1CQC1 Stock Marshmallow update on Galaxy S5 Duos G900FD. You can use OTA, Kies or even the ODIN to update G900FDXXS1CQC1 firmware on Samsung Galaxy S5 Duos.
In case if you don’t want to update via ODIN, then If you are Still waiting for the update and you not yet received any notification, then follow the simple step below to see if you have received the update.
To Check for latest Update, Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Updates.
If you have the update then press download and upgrade the OTA to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. If you didn’t receive and you still want the update, then don’t worry. You can Update Galaxy S5 Duos to Android Marshmallow manually by following the below steps. So read the steps carefully to Update Galaxy S5 Duos G900FD to Marshmallow.
Yes, today i will guide you on How to Update Marshmallow for Samsung Galaxy S5 Duos . To Update Galaxy S5 Duos to Marshmallow, then please follow the steps carefully. Remember this is a Samsung Galaxy S5 Duos Official Stock Marshmallow Firmware. So you should be on a stock firmware before proceeding.
ALSO RELATED POST :
- How to Install Official Lineage OS 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy S5 Duos (China)
- How to Install Official Lineage OS 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy S5 Duos
- How to Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery For Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus
- Remember : This guide is to Install March Secuity Patch update on Galaxy S5 Duos G900FD (G900FDXXS1CQC1).
- Your device must have 70% Of battery
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action
- You should be using Stock Firmware and not Custom ROM
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t loose your data)
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.
DOWNLOAD THE FILES THAT REQUIRED :
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies Software : CLICK HERE or
- Download and Install the SamsungUSB Drivers : CLICK HERE
- Download and Extract the ODIN ZIP file on Desktop : CLICK HERE
Steps For How To Install G900FDXXS1CQC1 Stock Marshmallow for Samsung Galaxy S5 Duos G900FD .
- If you have downloaded and installed the file from above then you are good to Go – Read from Step 2
- First of all, enable the USB Debugging
- To Enable the USB Debugging you need also active the developer option, Now Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging
- Open the Extracted ODIN File called ODIN v3.11.1 exe file using the Administrator – Right Click your mouse and Open using Administrator
- Now Reboot your Phone into Download Mode
- So First Turn your Phone off -> press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons Until you see a download mode.
- Now Connect your Phone to PC using the USB Cables
- When you connect the USB cable you will see a blue sign in Odin
- Now Go back again Odin and Add the firmware which you downloaded from Above by Clicking AP/PDA Button
- Now Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked – Go to Option and see (Let the Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time be ticked)
- Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes until you see a message pass. Once you see PASS then you can remove your Phone from the part. Don’t Panic if you see your Phone restarts while updating.
That’s ALL! When you restart your Phone , You will have a whole new experience with the update of Galaxy S5 Duos G900FD to G900FDXXS1CQC1 update. Enjoy! We have Given the Full guide on How to Update Android Marshmallow to Galaxy S5 Duos G900FD .