Huawei started rolling a new nougat firmware update for Huawei GR5 2017 with BLL-L22 variant. The update bumps the software version to BLL-L22C636B387. The software update is for Asia region. Follow our guide to install Huawei GR5 2017 B387 Nougat Firmware on the BLL-L22 variant.
This update is all about the integration of the Google security patches released in March 2018 for improved system security. Along with this update, you will find regular bug fixes and improvement to the OS.
The update is rolling over the air and will reach every user running Stock firmware without root or mods installed. According to Huawei, then the update may take a couple of days or even weeks to receive as it is sent in a phase-wise manner.
Manually Check Huawei GR5 2017 B387 Nougat Firmware BLL-L22 [Asia]
Now you can check for the OTA manually on Huawei GR5 2017 Asia region in case if you didn’t receive the OTA. You can follow the below-given instruction on your phone to check for the official OTA update on your phone. Make sure that your device is running on Stock ROM without root or mods. If you are rooted, then you have to unroot it to receive the official OTA or else you can follow the below step by step guide to flash the BLL-L22C636B387 firmware on Huawei GR5 2017.
To check for the OTA, Go to Settings –> About Phone —> System update
This way you can check if you have any OTA update on your Huawei GR5 2017. In case if you find the Huawei GR5 2017 B387 Nougat Firmware build, then you can hit the download button to install the update on your phone.
Before installing any update, make sure you have enough battery backup with at least 50% left. To download the OTA update, your phone must be running a stable WiFi or Data connection.
Recommended: Take Full Backup of any installation or upgrade.
If you still not received the OTA then don’t worry. You can now upgrade your phone to latest build manually using the update.zip file given below. yes! This guide will help you to install Huawei GR5 2017 B387 Nougat Firmware. The update is simple and easy. Make sure you read and follow the steps properly.
GetDroidTips is not responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device during installation. Do it at your own risk.
Official Firmware Details :
- Device: Huawei GR5 2017
- Model No: BLL-L22
- Android OS: 7.0
- EMUI Version: 5.1
- Firmware: B387
- Build Number: BLL-L22C636B387
- Region: Asia
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- Size : 1.7 GB
Huawei GR5 2017 B387 Nougat Firmware Changelog:
- Integrates Google security patches released in March 2018 for improved system security.
BLL-L22C636B387 – Asia
Steps to Install Huawei GR5 2017 2017 B387 Nougat Firmware
Before following the below guide on how to install firmware on Huawei GR5 2017, you need to follow certain requirements. Download the required files before flashing the firmware on your phone.
- This ROM is supported only for Huawei GR5 2017 with variant BLL-L22.
- Download the Huawei USB Drivers.
- Take a complete backup before flashing the firmware on your phone. Here is some backup method which you can follow.
—–> How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
—–> Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
—–> How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Make sure you have enough battery to run the upgrade process. It is recommended that the power of the battery is more than 30%.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for bricking or damage to your device
Still not able to update? then you can flash the latest update using this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
Some Useful Tips and Tricks:
- Huawei GR5 2017 Stock Firmware Collections
- How To Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery For Huawei GR5 2017
- Download Latest Magisk zip, Magisk Manager and Root your phone
- How to Install Xposed Framework on Nougat 7.0 and 7.1
- A guide to fix Bootloop Issue Caused by an Incompatible Xposed Module
- How to Use Android Pay on any rooted or Bootloader Unlocked device