Huawei now providing the EMUI 9.1 software update for its 49 device models by the end of 2019 officially. The company already rolled out the latest update to some of its devices. Huawei Mate 20 Lite launched back in 2018. It was powered by Kirin 710, Android Oreo (EMUI 8.2), quad-camera setup, and more. The handset offers great value for money. As we all know that Huawei devices are camera-centric and design with built quality focused. The handset also offers a nice design and built quality. Now, Huawei Mate 20 Lite EMUI 9.1 with July 2019 Patch based on Android Pie firmware update rolling out globally in a gradual process.
Additionally, Huawei has already started rolling out the update to its first batch device models. Where almost 14 Huawei/Honor device models will get the EMUI 9.1 update on July 2019. The latest firmware update includes July 2019 Android Security Patch level which will enhance the system security. Meanwhile, the OTA update has already released for Huawei Mate 20 X, Mate 20 series, and Huawei Mate 20 RS Porsche Design model. Huawei P20 series, Mate 10 series, and Mate 10 Porsche Design will also get the update this month. It also includes Mate 9 series, Huawei Y9 (2019), Y6 (2019), Y5 (2019), Nova 3 series, and Nova 4 models. Therefore, Nova 3 models are now receiving the update in batches.
Official Firmware Details:
- Device: Huawei Mate 20 Lite
- Model No: SNE-LX2 (All Versions)
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
- EMUI Version: 9.1
- Security Patch: July 2019
- Status: Official
- Type: Full Firmware Image
EMUI 9.1 Full Changelog:
- EMUI 9.1 comes equipped with sparkling new features that enhance the user experience in daily life.
- Added the EROFS system function, which improves app speed and fluidity.
- Customizes incoming call videos for your contacts
- Huawei’s GPU Turbo 3.0 acceleration technology supports dozens of more games, allowing you to enjoy an improved gaming experience.
- Automatically generates highlight reels, applies effects templates, and creates MVs with a single touch.
- Supports instantaneous sharing of clipboard and screen recordings between your phone and Huawei MateBook.
- Simplifies settings and options for easier operation.
- Google Android July 2019 Security Patch with improved system security.
- Few bug fixes.
Check for OTA Update Manually
The software OTA (over-the-air) update is rolling out via batches and it will take a few days more to roll out completely on every Mate 20 Lite variants. You can wait for the official OTA update notification on your device. However, if you want to install the update manually on your device without wasting any more time, follow the full guide mentioned below with requirements and download links.
If you haven’t received the EMUI 9.1 update yet, you can manually check for the software update. In order to check for the software update manually from the Huawei Mate 20 Lite:
Go to the device Settings menu > System Update > Software update.
But if you don’t want to wait anymore, you can always check out our full depth guide to install the firmware update on Huawei devices.
Steps to Install Firmware on Huawei Mate 20 Lite
Before going to the installation process, follow the pre-requirements and implement them. Next, you can download all the required files as well.
- The Stock ROM file is only for Huawei Mate 20 Lite device. Don’t try it on other devices.
- You need to enable Developer Options and USB Debugging on your phone.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB Cable to connect your device with the computer.
- Download and install the latest Huawei USB Drivers on your PC. That’s necessary.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device data at first.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 50% at least for a smoother process.
Download Huawei Mate 20 Lite EMUI 9.1 Update:
The link will be updated very soon.
Steps to Install Huawei Mate 20 Lite EMUI 9.1 via Tools
Follow both the links to check out the full step-by-step guide or method to complete the installation process. You have to follow both the methods one-by-one.
If you’re still unable to flash the latest firmware update file on the Huawei Mate 20 Lite phone, follow the guide mentioned below:
We hope this guide is useful for you if you plan to upgrade Huawei Mate 20 Lite to EMUI 9.1 version with the latest July 2019 Security Patch. If you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.