The Huawei Mate 20 Pro flagship was launched back in October 2018 with flagship-grade specifications. The smartphone features QHD+ display, Kirin 980 SoC, 6GB RAM, 128GB storage, and more. It also features EMUI 9.0 on the top of Android 9 Pie out-of-the-box. Now, you can Download Huawei Mate 20 Pro EMUI 9.1 with July 2019 Patch based on Android Pie from here. Huawei has started rolling out the new July security patch update with the latest EMUI 9.1 version.
Meanwhile, Huawei also rolling out the same update to some of its device models like Huawei Nova 3 series, Huawei P20 series, Huawei Mate 20 series, Huawei Mate 10 series, etc. Additionally, the Huawei Mate 10 Porsche Design, Huawei 20 X, Huawei 20 RS Porsche Design also gets the update. Huawei has also announced that they will release the update to some of the devices by the end of July 2019. Whereas, Huawei Mate 9 series, Huawei Y9 (2019), Huawei Y6 (2019), Huawei Y5 (2019), Nova 3 series, and Nova 4 devices are also in the list. You can check out the full device list which will get EMUI 9.1 update.
- 1 Huawei Mate 20 Pro Specifications: Overview
- 2 Official EMUI 9.1 Firmware Details:
- 3 EMUI 9.1 Full Changelog:
- 4 Manually Check for OTA Update
- 5 Guide to Install ROM on Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Huawei Mate 20 Pro Specifications: Overview
The Huawei Mate 20 Pro features a 6.39-inches QHD+ display. The Mate 20 Pro is powered by octa-core 7nm based HiSilicon Kirin 980 SoC which comes with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. It runs on EMUI 9.0 with Android 9.0 Pie and currently receiving EMUI 9.1 update.
The device has a primary 40MP camera, a 20MP wide-angle sensor, and an 8MP telephoto lens. It packs a decent 4,200 mAh battery with quick charging and wireless charging support. The handset packs with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, NFC, USB Type-C port, etc. While all other major sensors are also available in this device.
Official EMUI 9.1 Firmware Details:
- Device: Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- Model No: LYA-L09, LYA-L29
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
- EMUI Version: 9.1
- Security Patch: July 2019
- Status: Official
- Type: Full Firmware Image
EMUI 9.1 Full Changelog:
- EMUI 9.1 comes equipped with sparkling new features that enhance the user experience in daily life.
- Adds the EROFS system function, which improves app speed and fluidity.
- Customizes incoming call videos for your contacts
- Huawei’s GPU Turbo 3.0 acceleration technology supports dozens of more games, allowing you to enjoy an improved gaming experience.
- Automatically generates highlight reels, applies effects templates, and creates MVs with a single touch.
- Supports instantaneous sharing of clipboard and screen recordings between your phone and Huawei MateBook.
- Simplifies settings and options for easier operation.
- Google Android July 2019 Security Patch with improved system security.
- Few bug fixes.
Manually Check for OTA Update
The firmware OTA update is rolling out as incremental mode and may take some time to roll out globally. You can wait for the official OTA update notification on your device. However, if you want to install the update manually on your device without wasting any more time, follow the full guide mentioned below with requirements and download links.
If the OTA update isn’t available for your device right now, you can always check for the OTA manually. Go to the device Settings > System Update > Software update. But if you don’t want to wait anymore, you can always check out our full depth guide to install the firmware update on Huawei devices.
Guide to Install ROM on Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Before going to the installation process, follow the requirements properly. Then you can download all the required files as well.
- Stock ROM supported: Huawei Mate 20 Pro only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Enable Developer Options and USB Debugging on your phone.
- Take a complete backup of your device data at first.
- Require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable to connect your device with the computer.
- Download and install the latest Huawei USB Drivers on your PC. That’s necessary.
- Charge the device battery up to 50% at least for a smoother process.
Download Link for EMUI 9.1 (Mate 20 Pro)
- LAYA-L29C 22.214.171.1241(C432E10R1P16)
- LYA-LGRP2-OVS 126.96.36.1991
- LYA-LGRP2-OVS 188.8.131.520
- LYA-L09C69E13R1P16B300 (184.108.40.2060)
Steps to Install Huawei Mate 20 Pro EMUI 9.1 via Tools
Follow both the links to check out the full step-by-step guide or method to complete the installation process. You have to follow both the methods one-by-one.Method 1: Steps to Install Firmware using HuRUpdater Tool Method 2: Steps to Install Huawei Firmware using Dload
If you’re still unable to flash the latest firmware update file on the Mate 20 Pro phone, follow the guide mentioned below:Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
We assume that this guide is useful for you if you plan to upgrade Huawei Mate 20 Pro to EMUI 9.1 version with the latest July 2019 Security Patch. If you’re facing any issues, write in the comments section below.