Lenovo has released the sweetest update to their Moto Z Play users.Moto Z Play comes with Android Marshmallow out of the box. This Update is packed with new Android Nougat features, Several Bug fixes and performance improvements. The Official Android Nougat for Moto Z Play is rolling via OTA (Over-the-Air). Users will receive a Popup Notification once the Update is ready to download and install. But it may take few weeks to reach all corners of the world. If you want to update it manually, then follow the below instructions.
Manually Update to Android 7.0 Nougat for Moto Z Play, Which is already available for many devices OnePlus 3, OnePlus 3T, HTC 10, Huawei Mate 9, ZTE AXON 7, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus and many other devices. Below there is step by step instructions for manually installing Android Nougat on Moto Z Play.
Google calls Nougat its sweetest release yet. Android Nougat is packed with new features which include Multi-Window view, New emojis, Doze on the Go, Support for DayDream and more. OTA (Over The Air) update is rolling out to many users, but it may take few weeks to reach all corners for the world.
- This Update is only for Moto Z Play users.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Steps to Install Android 7.0 Nougat on Moto Z Play
- Enable ‘USB debugging’ option from Settings –> Developer options –>. (To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.)
- Now go to the folder where you have extracted the ADB and Fastboot Tools
- Download Android Nougat for Moto Z Play from above and save it in ADB folder.
- Now Reboot Moto Z Play to Recovery Mode.
- Select Apply Update from ADB.
- Plug the phone into PC using USB Cable, then open a command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
- Now execute the below command in CMD screen.
adb sideload Filename.zip
- Wait until Installation process Completes.
- Once the Installation completed. Reboot the Phone.
Let us know your feedback on Android Nougat in the comment section below