Now Official Android 7.1.2 Nougat is available for Wileyfox Swift 2 device. Today Wileyfox, A Chinese Smartphone manufacturer started pushing Android 7.1.2 Nougat for Wileyfox Swift 2 smartphone. The update has been started rolling out as we speak. Earlier the company released official Android 7.1.1 Nougat for both Wileyfox Swift 2 and Swift 2 Plus, today it has been started sending Android 7.1.2 Nougat for both. Download and Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Wileyfox Swift 2.
The Wileyfox Swift 2 Android 7.1.2 Nougat Update is rolling via OTA (Over the Air) and soon will reach your phone. You can either wait for the OTA update to hit your phone or you can simply download and follow our guide to install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Wileyfox Swift 2. Here in this tutorial we will guide on How to install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Wileyfox Swift 2. The guide is simple and easy to follow. In our guide, we have listed two methods, you can follow any method.
Download link of Android 7.1.2 Nougat firmware for Wileyfox Swift 2 is available below which weighs almost 1GB in size. By following this guide you can manually update Wileyfox Swift 2 to Android 7.1.2 Nougat. Download and Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Wileyfox Swift 2 from below.
If you didn’t receive any notification about the new update on Wileyfox Swift 2, then you can either check for the update manually or you can follow our simple guide on How to flash Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Wileyfox Swift 2.
To Check for latest Update, Go to Settings -> About Phone -> System Updates.
If you have the update then press download and upgrade the OTA to Android 7.1.2 Nougat. If you didn’t receive and you still want the update, then don’t worry. You can Update Wileyfox Swift 2 to Android 7.1.2 Nougat manually by following the below steps. So read the steps carefully to upgrade Wileyfox Swift 2 to Android 7.1.2 Nougat OTA update.
What’s in Android 7.0 Nougat and features ?
Android 7.0 Nougat is the new iteration of Google’s new Android Operating System after Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Thew new OS Android 7.0 has started rolling out from many smartphone manufacturers lately. It is loaded with many features which are not in Android 6.0. This release is Google’s 7th major version of the Android operating system. Google released the Android Nougat first in Beta build to all Nexus and Pixel device. It came out officially on August 22, 2016.
Android 7.0 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
- This will work on Wileyfox Swift 2 (Don’t Try this in Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup
- As a precaution, enable OEM Unlocking under Developer options. If anything goes wrong you can still unlock your bootloader and install custom firmware.
Steps to install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Wileyfox Swift 2
- First of all enable the Developer Option, To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“.
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging.
- Download and Install ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac.
- Extract the Android 7.1.2 Nougat file.
- Copy the Extracted Android 7.1.2 Nougat zip to folder where adb installed.
- Reboot your phone into recovery mode. To do this, shut down your device and turn it back on while holding the power and volume down buttons simultaneously.
- In recovery, choose “Apply update from ADB” option in the recovery screen, tap OK to confirm. A screen with “You are in sideload mode” will be displayed.
- Connect your Wileyfox Swift 2 to PC/Mac using the USB Cable.
- Now in your PC, open the extract ADB Fastboot folder and Press and hold Shift key and Right click on your mouse to open the command prompt window.
- Now type the command in your command window.
- If you see a pop up to allow USB Debugging on your phone, Click OK.
- Now flash the Nougat Build Zip file using the below command. (filename is the downloaded zip file name)
For Windows: “adb sideload <filename>”
For Mac/Linux: “/adb sideload <filename>"
Wait a while, your phone should now update to the selected build and reboot automatically to take you into Android 7.1.2.
Let us know your feedback on Android 7.1.2 for Wileyfox Swift 2 in the comment section below.
Enjoy the latest on Wileyfox Swift 2 based Android 7.1.2 Nougat