A Good News for all Huawei P9 users! This guide is to How to Download and Install Android N on Huawei P9.
Today Google has released Android 7.0 Nougat a.k.a Android N Beta build for Huawei P9. Last time Google also released the Beta build of Android N for Sony Xperia Z users via their official developer site. So this is the second Non-Nexus Device to get Google’s Official Android 7.0 Nougat ROM. Remember this is a beta build and you will find some bugs in it. You can report the bug on the developer community.
As we know Android Nougat’s fifth developer preview was recently released for Nexus devices, But today if you are a Huawei P9 users, then enjoy the new latest developer beta preview on Huawei P9.
This new update of Android N Nougat for Huawei P9 comes with the latest features that include the updated EMUI 5.0 skin. Today we have the updated OTA link to download the Android N beta for Huawei P9. Below is the changelog took from XDA
According to the changelog file posted for the beta build, here’s what’s new:
This update is for system version EMUI 5.0. EMUI 5.0 optimizes the camera, battery management, and Phone Manager, and adds multi-user mode, to provide a secure and unique experience for you
Added multi-user mode, which allows you to share your device and apps and protects your data and privacy Optimized the Phone Manager, making it easier to change settings and convenient to manage with more powerful functions
Optimized the interactive gestures, enabling you to swipe left and right to switch between the mode and settings screens
(Re: multi-user mode): Added a mode, which allows multiple users to access the same app with segregated personal data and privacy protection
Added the Huawei-developed ROG power saving technology for the first time, which decreases the screen resolution to save battery power.
Optimized the Phone Manager, which helps you manage your device more easily and conveniently.
Optimized battery management, which allows you to check the battery power and battery power consumption for any period within two days.
Optimized traffic management to automatically add the traffic leftover from the previous month to the current month
Optimized the Weather app so that it can forecast weather for each hour including the probability of rainfall Added an entry for third-party social networking apps, such as WhatsApp, eSpace, and Skype, in the contact details screen
Optimized the networking speed when international roaming is on.
Optimized the registration time when the network connection is interrupted for environmental reasons
Here I will guide on How to Download and Install Android N on Huawei P9. You can download the OTA and use our below steps to Install Android N on Huawei P9. This is for Huawei P9 and don’t try this on any other Huawei or OEM device. Follow the guide carefully to Install Android N on Huawei P9.
- You should be using STOCK ROM to flash Android Nougat on Huawei P9. You can’t flash this if you are running CUSTOM ROM. Go back to Stock using this guide
- No ROOT REQUIRED. if your device is rooted please unroot or Go back to STOCK ROM.
Steps for How to Download and Install Android N on Huawei P9
EMUI-EVA-C900B040SP11-log (android 7.0)
[button color=”red” size=”22px” type=”square” target=”blank” link=”http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/d…ull/update.zip”]DOWNLOAD NOW[/button]
- First of all, download the zip file and move the update.zip file to the root of your internal storage.
- Now enter into software update screen by pressing and holding both the VOLUME Buttons and Power Button together or enter into Project settings by dialing *#*#2846579#*#*
- You can use any method to flash the STOCK ANDROID N Beta build on Huawei P9.
Steps for How to Update to Android 7.0 Nougat on Huawei P9 Manually using System Updates
- First of all, Download the OTA from the above download link
- Create a new folder called dload in your root of the internal memory on your smartphone
- Extract the OTA zip and you will find update.app file (This is the one which we needed) Now move the update.app to the newly created foler “dload“
- Open the Settings in your phone and click the menu Update
- Now tap on Local Update – This is where you can update firmware OTA manually.
- You will see the update.app, Now tap on that and your update process wil start.
- Wait for sometime.
- Once completed, reboot your device
- You have manually updated to Android N Nougat on your Huawei P9 Smartphone