Oppo recently released the Project Spectrum ROM for Oppo F1 which gives a near-stock experience just like PURE AOSP ROM from Android. This Project Spectrum ROM for Oppo R1 is based on Marshmallow which comes with all the features of Android 6.1 Marshmallow with some Color OS App and features like On-screen gestures, Double Tap to wake, etc. This is an official Project Spectrum ROM for Oppo F1.
Follow the steps below to Install Marshmallow Based Project Spectrum ROM for Oppo F1. In Today’s guide, you can either flash via TWRP or you can even flash it via Stock Recovery.
Table of Contents
What is Project Spectrum ROM?
Project Spectrum ROM is a near Stock Android Marshmallow Experience. Oppo decided to give the consumer a taste of the near-stock Android experience to all the customer who purchases Oppo phone. It is an alternative to those who don’t like ColorOS. In Project Spectrum ROM, you will have all these features from Color OS.
- Screen-off Gestures: Project Spectrum now supports double tap to wake up/turn off the screen and draw a circle to open the camera app and custom a gesture to open an application. This feature is turned off by default, to use it please enable it in Settings -> Accessibility -> Screen-off gestures
- ColorOS Camera: Currently the ColorOS camera is supporting the following plugins: Beautify, Filters, Panorama, HDR, GIF, Double exposure and Expert Mode
- ColorOS Photos App: The ColorOS Photos app is a simplified version from ColorOS with key features needed to work properly with the Camera App
- Carefully Selected Wallpapers: We’ve carefully selected some beautiful wallpapers from ColorOS as preset wallpapers for you
- VOOC Flash Charge: This version support VOOC flash charge but there is no icon displayed in the status bar
- OTA package support: For future Project Spectrum versions OTA package will be available along with the full wipe package.
- This Project Spectrum for Oppo F1
- Your Phone must have 70% Of battery
- Back-Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data)
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.
- Download Project Spectrum ROM for Oppo F1
Method 1. using Stock Recovery?
- Download the Project Spectrum Rom and Move it into Root of your SD card
- First of all, turn your phone off and Boot into Recovery
- To boot your phone into Recovery, Hold down Power key + Volume down key at the same time, when OPPO logo appears to release your fingers, after a few seconds you’ll enter recovery mode.
- Now Select your language in the OPPO Recovery(OPPO recovery support touchscreen operation, if your recovery is the early version which doesn’t support touchscreen operation you can use Volume up/down keys to navigate and use the Power key to confirm)
- First of all Wipe your data and cache, To do that please select “Wipe data and cache”, press “Yes” when it’s done.
- Now Tap on Install from SD Card
- Select your downloaded project spectrum Zip File and press “Yes”, the updating will finish in a few minutes.
- When the update is finished tap “Reboot” to finish updating.
- That’s it you have installed the Project Spectrum ROM for Oppo F1 using Stock Recovery
Method 2. using TWRP Recovery
- First of all, you need to boot into Recovery – Turn your phone off -> Now Hold Volume Down and Power button simultaneously -> You will see the recovery
- Before installing the ROM, it’s better if you Wipe all the data by Clicking the Wipe button and Select Advanced Wipe – Tick all except Internal Storage
- Swipe to WIPE
- Now Click the Install Button to install the Project Spectrum ROM
- Now Browse through the files of Internal memory where you have uploaded the Zip Project Spectrum ROM from Root of your SD
- Select the Project Spectrum Zip File and Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.
- That’s it! Now reboot your phone. You have installed Project Spectrum ROM on Oppo F1
I hope this guide is useful to install Project Spectrum ROM for Oppo F1.