Samsung Galaxy J4 was launched in 2018 with the budget-segment specifications like HD+ display, Exynos 7570 chipset, up to 2GB RAM & 32GB memory, Android 8.0 Oreo, and more. Recently, the same October 2019 patch update for the Galaxy J4 in India has been rolled out. Now, the October 2019 Security Patch for Galaxy J4 is rolling out in the New Zealand region. The latest software update is based on Android 9.0 Pie and brings the build number J400GDXU4BSJ2 for the New Zealand region.
It brings the enhanced system security to the device along with a major vulnerability fix which has been included by Android developers. Samsung always pushes the software OTA updates to its devices in incremental mode. So, it can take quite some time than expected. However, we will recommend you to manually check for the OTA update. If not, then you can also manually install the firmware update on your Samsung Galaxy J4 by using the Odin flash tool.
First of all, you should check the software update on your device. Let’s take a look.
Table of Contents
Manually Check Software Update
As we mentioned above that Samsung is most likely to provide firmware OTA updates to its handsets via batches and the timeframe depends on the mobile carriers in a region as well. So, if you’re eagerly waiting for the October 2019 patch update then checking the OTA updates in a day or so will be a good idea.
- Go to the phone Settings > Software Updates > Check for updates.
- If you can see that the new firmware update with a build number of J400GDXU4BSJ2 is available on your device, simply proceed to download and install it.
- It will take some time and your device will reboot as well. So, please be patient.
We always recommend using a Wi-Fi network to save the carrier data charges and charge your phone at least 50%-60% before upgrading.
However, if you don’t want to wait for OTA or didn’t receive any update, you can manually flash the stock firmware on your Samsung Galaxy J4 easily by following the guide below.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy J4 (SM-J400G)
- Region: New Zealand
- Build Number: J400GDXU4BSJ2
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Software Supported: ODIN
- Security Patch Level: 2019-10-01
Manual Firmware Installation Guide for Samsung Galaxy J4
For manually installing a firmware file, you will need the ODIN flash tool which is exclusively meant for installing the software manually on the Samsung smartphones. We have put up the link below which will direct you to our complete guide on installing the latest stock ROM completely on a Samsung device.
However, before installing you have to follow some basic guidelines which we have mentioned below.
- This firmware zip file and this tutorial is exclusive for Galaxy J4 (SM-J400G).
- Don’t install the firmware file provided here on other Samsung smartphones.
- Charge up the phone battery to 50% to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- A PC or Laptop with a USB Cable
- Make sure to take a complete backup(non-root method) of your device data before installing it.
- You have to enter your device into the Samsung Download Mode as well.
Link to the installation guideGuide to Install Stock ROM on any Samsung Galaxy Devices using Odin Tool
To make things more convenient for you, we do have a video tutorial as well which explains installing the software manually on a Samsung Galaxy Smartphone.Watch Video Guide to Install Stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy Devices via Odin Tool
So, that’s it, guys. We hope that this guide on installing stock firmware on your Samsung Galaxy J4 was helpful to you. So, install the J400GDXU4BSJ2 update and upgrade your phone with the latest October 2019 security patch.