Huawei never disappoints when it comes to providing regular firmware updates for its devices. With that said, the latest Huawei P8 Lite firmware is available for the UK and European region with the build numbers B898 and B617 respectively. This upgrade brings the latest Google security patches to the UK variants and integrates the same for added system safety. On the other hand, the Euro variants are receiving optimization for calling feature and UI text display along with the monthly security level step-up. Both the updates are based on Android Marshmallow with EMUI 4.1.
We have provided the download links to grab the software from the Huawei servers. Also, a step-by-step installation guide is put forth by us to flash the latest update files.
Here are the build details of both firmwares in a nutshell.
|Model name||Huawei P8 Lite|
|Android Version||Android 6.0 Marshmallow|
|Build Numbers||ALE-L21C02B898 /ALE-L21C432B617|
Download Latest Huawei P8 Lite Firmware
As we mentioned earlier, the firmware is available for both European and UK variants of Huawei P8 Lite. Here are the direct download links for the same.
How To Install Latest Huawei P8 Lite Firmware
You can flash the latest firmware update using the Local Update method and also by Stock Recovery process. But before getting ahead with installation keep in mind the following points.
- The above firmwares are only for the Huawei P8 Lite. Don’t use them for other devices.
- Your phone has to be on stock firmware before flashing the latest update.
- Make sure to have full battery charge on your device to avoid interruption during installation.
- Take a backup of your data before installing just to be safe.
- GetDroidTips won’t be responsible for bricking of any device while flashing the update.
Installing the Latest firmware By Local Update
Here is the step-by-step procedure for updating by Local Update.
Step-1 Download the firmware for Huawei P8 Lite from above and extract the file from it.
Step-2 Move the file from the PC to your device external storage.
Step-3 Now create a folder in the root of your SD card and name it according to your convenience.
Step-4 Place the extracted file in that folder.
Step-5 Now go to the device Settings > Update > Press the menu button.
Step-6 Now tap on Choose Local update.
Step-7 It will show the firmware file. Tap it to start the installation.
Step-8 Reboot your device after the installing is complete.
Now let’s look at the other method.
Manually Install latest Huawei P8 Lite Firmware Using Stock Recovery
- Download the firmwares and extract the update file from that.
- Now move the file to the phone’s external storage.
- Now long press “Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Button” together to enter the device in recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, Scroll to the option “Apply Update From SD Card” using the volume buttons.
- Wait for sometimes as the installation takes place.
- Finally, restart the device to finish the process.
So, that’s all. Follow the steps carefully and install the latest Huawei P8 Lite firmware for your European and UK region.
Keep visiting GetDroidTips for latest firmware updates and downloads for all Android devices.