The Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro (codenamed: Sakura) is one of the best smartphones in a budget price tag. It has good specifications, a dual rear camera setup, a notch display, a bigger battery, and more. The handset came with Android 8.1 Oreo over MIUI 10. Currently, Xiaomi has started rolling out the latest MIUI 10 software update for Redmi 6 Pro in the India region. Here in this article, we will share with you the link to Download MIUI 10.3.8.0 India Stable ROM for Redmi 6 Pro (V10.3.8.0.PDMMIXM). We have also mentioned the firmware update changelog, pre-requirements, and installation steps below.
The Redmi 6 Pro has a 5.84-inch Full-HD+ IPS LCD display with a 19:9 aspect ratio. Under the hood, the device is powered by octa-core Snapdragon 625 SoC, 3GB/4GB of RAM, and 32GB/64GB internal storage. It packs a dual rear camera setup of 12MP+5MP sensor and the front features a 5MP selfie camera. The Redmi 6 Pro has Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, a 4,000mAh battery, rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR Blaster, Micro USB port, GPS, a 3.5mm audio jack, etc.
The latest software update brings updated September 2019 Android Security Patch Level to the device that offers enhanced system security. It also includes a new locking option for Google Contacts under the App Lock feature. The firmware update is based on Android 9.0 Pie and only applicable for Indian variants. Now, let’s take a look at the changelog below:
Changelog: MIUI V10.3.8.0.PDMMIXM
- Updated Android Security Patch to September 2019. Increased system security.
- App lock
- New: Locking Google contacts is available now
Manually Check Software Update
If you’re not receiving the OTA update notification on your Redmi 6 Pro Indian variant, then you can manually check for the updates. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Head over to the device Settings > tap on About Phone > select Software Update.
- If the September 2019 patch update is available on your device, then tap on the Download and Install option.
- Wait for it. Reboot your device.
Otherwise, you have to manually download the firmware and install on your device. Let’s take a look at the download links, pre-requirements, and then installation steps.
Download MIUI 10.3.8.0 India Stable ROM for Redmi 6 Pro
- USB Drivers: Download Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC or Laptop and install it.
- Flash Tool: Xiaomi Mi Flash tool – Download and install it on your PC as well. (for Fastboot Method)
- Firmware: Download MIUI 10.3.8.0.PDMMIXM – Recovery ROM | OTA ROM
- Supported For: The ROM file will work on the Redmi 6 Pro (Indian Variant) device only. Don’t try it on any other device.
- Battery: Charge your phone battery up to 60% at least.
- Backup: Make sure to take a complete backup of the device data (No Root). (Recommended)
- Requires: A Windows/Mac PC or Laptop and a USB cable are required.
Steps to Install MIUI 10.3.8.0 India Stable ROM for Redmi 6 Pro
Check out the full step-by-step guide on how to Install MIUI 10.3.8.0 on Redmi 6 Pro via Recovery or Fastboot method manually.
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:
Let’s assume that this guide is useful to you and you’ve successfully updated or installed the MIUI 10.3.8.0 India Stable ROM on Redmi 6 Pro Indian variant device. For any queries, let us know in the comments below.