Xiaomi launched the Redmi Note 5 Pro in India last year. The phone initially came with MIUI 9.2 running on top of Android 7.1 Nougat. It was then updated to MIUI 9.5 on top of Android 8.1 Oreo in June last year. It was a major software update as it brought many new features to the phone such as full-screen gestures, Dual Vo-LTE, etc. Interestingly, the phone did receive the Android 9 beta update in March this year with the stable release now rolling out to the users in phases.
MIUI 10.3: Features
The new update is released as MIUI 10.3.1.0.PEIMIXM and its size is around 1.6 GB. Surprisingly, Xiaomi has not provided a complete changelog for the update. The update comes with a security patch of May 2019. Some of the changes we got to know are:
- Changed system fonts.
- New lock screen charging animation.
- Some system apps have been redesigned.
- Added dark mode.
- Added raise to wake settings.
- Security patch of May 2019.
MIUI 10.3: Changelog
Below is the official changelog provided by Xiaomi:
- Android 9.0 update.
MIUI 10.3: How To Install
The OTA update for the phone is being rolled out in phases. Make sure that your phone has at least 35% battery. Then, the first step is to check if an update is available.
- Open the Settings app.
- Click on “About phone”, and then select ” Software update”.
- Click on “Check for updates”. The phone will start searching for an update.
- It will show you the MIUI 10.3 update based on Android 9. You can easily install it from there.
In case it says ” No updates available”, don’t worry. You can install it manually by downloading the recovery ROM and flashing it with the Updater app. Just follow the steps below:
- Download MIUI 10.3 from here.
- If you’ve downloaded it in your PC, move the file to your phone.
- Open the phone’s Settings.
- Tap on “About phone” and then click “Software update”.
- Click on the three dots on the top right corner of the screen.
- Select “Choose update package”.
- Browse and select the file you have downloaded from the link above.
- The phone will verify the update and then install it automatically.
By following these steps, you will successfully install MIUI 10.3 based on Android 9 on your Redmi Note 5 Pro. If you face any problems, let us know in the comments below.
I cant find “Choose update package”