Xiaomi is currently rolling the second beta iteration of MIUI 9 ROM this month. MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.5.17 is available for a few devices as of now. There was a persistent error of device rebooting upon watching videos on Youtube. This beta rollout brings the fix for the same. Also, this solves the recent Apps displaying blank Apps bug. The current Beta ROM is the follow-up to the previous MIUI9 v8.5.10 Beta OS.
MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.5.17 is currently moving via the OTA(over-the-air) update. This is for those users who are registered in the beta channel. Only they will receive it in batches. If you are not of the waiting kind, you can manually flash the latest Beta ROM by using the updater App. Also, users can install the ROM via the fastboot method as well. Refer to the complete guide that you can use to flash the latest beta ROM on your respective Xiaomi devices. You can also find the fastboot and recovery files for the various Xiaomi devices getting this Beta update.
Below you can also have a glimpse of the list of devices getting the latest MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.5.17.
List of Xiaomi devices getting the MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.5.17
Here are the Xiaomi smartphones that will receive the latest beta ROM MIUI v8.5.17.
- Mi 5
- Mi MIX
- Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm
- Redmi 4X
- Mi Note 2
- Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X
- Redmi 4A
Download MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.5.17
Here is the official link to the servers from where you can get the latest MIUI 9 Beta ROM for these following devices. This includes fastboot and recovery files.
- Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm | Fastboot | Recovery
- Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm/Redmi Note 4X | Fastboot | Recovery
- Mi 5 | Fastboot | Recovery
- Redmi 4X | Fastboot | Recovery
- Mi Note 2 | Fastboot | Recovery
- Redmi 4A | Fastboot | Recovery
- Mi Mix | Fastboot | Recovery
How To Manually Flash MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.5.17
Before performing the manual update, you have to follow these few points.
- The following ROMs and recovery files are for the mentioned Xiaomi devices exclusively. Don’t use them on other devices.
- Take a complete backup of your device data before updating.
- Make sure that your phone has a full battery charge to avoid power related interruption during the update process.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any possible damage to your phone while/after installing the ROM.
MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.5.17 [ Install Via Updater App]
Step-1 Get the ROM from the download section for the respective Xiaomi phone you use.
Step-2 Connect your phone to PC and move the downloaded file to the update_rom folder in your internal Storage of the device.
Step-3 Now go to the phone and Launch ‘Updater‘ app.
Step-4 Click on the three dots (‘…’) at the top-right corner, > tap the ‘choose update package‘.
Step-5 Tap on OK to start the ROM installation and update process.
Step-6 The device will reboot after the process of installation is complete.
In another way, you can also flash the MIUI ROM by the fastboot method. Below you can find the complete tutorial on how to do this.
So, that’s all you have to do. Get the ROM and flash it manually to fix the bugs that are bothering your phone. If you have any queries on this let us know.