Last updated on February 27th, 2021 at 04:09 pm
Motorola has released new software updates for the Moto X4 handset via OTA along with May 2019 Security patch level. The software update comes with the version of PPWS29.69-39-2-1 and the file size is around 1.9GB. Here in this article, we will share with you the link and steps to Download and Install Moto X4 May 2019 Security patch with version PPWS29.69-39-2-1 easily.
The latest firmware update brings the updated May 2019 Android Security Patch level with increased system privacy and stability. It also offers some of the bug fixes and system performance improvement as well.
Check for OTA Updates Manually
The firmware OTA updates are rolling out via batches and may take some time to roll out completely. Therefore, if your Moto X4 handset gets the OTA update notification then simply update it. Otherwise, you can check for the OTA update from the device as well.
- Go to the Settings from device > System.
- Tap on System updates.
- Next, select the Download option.
- After the software download, select the Install button.
- Your phone will reboot automatically after the installation completes.
- You’ve successfully updated your device.
This guide is simple and easy to follow. Download the required file to upgrade your Motorola X4 manually. Follow the full steps and download all the required files from below. But before going to the steps, let’s take a look at the pre-requirements as well.
- The file is only for Moto X4. Don’t try to flash it on other devices.
- Charge your device battery up to 50% at least for a smoother process.
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete backup of the internal data before flashing anything.
- You will require a USB cable and a PC to connect your phone with the computer.
Download Links: Moto X4 May 2019 Security patch
Steps to Install Moto X4 May 2019 Security patch
We have provided the method of flashing the firmware file.
- First, Unlock the bootloader on your phone.
- Enable USB Debugging as well.
- Now, install the ADB Fastboot on your PC.
- Next, extract and move the downloaded Motorola X4 firmware to ADB Fastboot folder.
- Then boot your Motorola X4 into bootloader mode.
- Switch off the device then press and hold the Volume Down + Power button together for a few seconds until you see the bootloader menu on your device screen.
- After entering into bootloader mode, connect your Motorola X4 to PC using a USB Cable.
- Open the ADB Folder and hold the Shift Key + right click on an empty area inside the ADB Folder.
- Now, follow the full depth guide to install Moto X4 May 2019 Security patch via ADB Sideload.
Hope this guide will be helpful to you. You can share your experience in the comments below.