The South-Korean tech giant Samsung has started rolling out the latest September 2019 Android Security Patch for Galaxy Note 8 (SM-N950F) model a couple of days ago. The software update brings the latest security improvements to the system based on Android 9.0 Pie over One UI. This year’s flagship Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10+ also receive the September Security Patch recently. Currently, the update is available in Germany and comes with a version number of N950FXXS7DSHC.
The latest September Security patch brings bug fixes for 04 critical vulnerabilities which were found in the Android operating system and 17 vulnerabilities which actually affect Samsung’s One UI only. All these issues will be fixed after upgrading to the new patch. These vulnerabilities enabled brute force attacks on the lock screen password. Therefore, attackers can change the USB configuration without unlocking it.
Here are the latest firmware update details mentioned below which brings the September 2019 security patch for Galaxy Note 8.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- Model: SM-N950F
- Baseband Version: N950FXXS7DSHC
- Security Patch Level: 2019-09-01 (September)
- Software Supported: Odin Flash Tool
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
Check for OTA Updates Manually
The latest software update is rolling out via batches to the Galaxy Note 8 variants depends on the region. It may take some time to roll-out completely. Though you can wait for the official OTA update notification. Otherwise, you can also check for the OTA update from the device manually. In order to do that, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Navigate to the phone Settings > System Update.
- Next, tap on Check for Latest Updates.
- If the September Security patch 2019 update available on your device, then tap on Download button and Install the update.
Steps to Install September 2019 Security patch for Galaxy Note 8
You need to follow the regular firmware installation method using Samsung Odin Tool in order to install the new stock firmware on Galaxy Note 8 device. Check out the easy and detailed guide mentioned below along with all the requirements and download links.
- This ROM file is only for Galaxy Note 8 model (SM-N950F). Don’t use it on other devices.
- Charge your device battery up to 50% at least for a smoother process.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable as well.
- Take a Full Backup without Root of your device data before doing anything.
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Install the Samsung Kies software on your computer.
- You need to Enter into the Samsung Download Mode as well.
Download N950FXXS7DSHC: September 2019 Security patch for Galaxy Note 8
Now, check out the download link of Galaxy Note 8 September 2019 Patch update file from below.
Firmware Installation Guide
Here we have provided the complete firmware installation guide. Check out the full guide in order to install Samsung Stock Firmware via Odin Flash Tool easily.Guide to Install Samsung Stock ROM via Odin Flash Tool
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:Video Guide to Flash Stock ROM on any Samsung Device using Odin Tool
We hope this guide will be helpful to you and you have successfully installed the latest update on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 device. In case, if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.