Good news for all the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 European variant users as the company has started pushing a new firmware update that includes software version N970FXXS4CTD1 with May 2020 Security Patch. It’s available in European countries like Austria, Switzerland, Romania, Luxembourg, Spain, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Serbia, Ireland, UK, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Bosnia, etc. If you’re interested then you can install the May 2020 Patch for Galaxy Note 10 (Europe).
Although there is nothing extra included in this update according to the changelog except for the May 2020 Android Security Patch Level. Now, talking about the update, it will improve the system security and performance for the device. While the patchset brings a major security vulnerability fix that could harm your data or system badly. So, it’s always recommended to upgrade your device to its latest version. In order to do this, either you can check for OTA or manually flash the firmware.
Check OTA Updates
It’s quite obvious that not all the device users will get the OTA update notification at the same time. Even some of the users may not receive the OTA update due to carrier or region issues. So, it’s better to always check for the OTA update manually whenever the company releases a new update. In order to do that, head over to the device Settings > System > System updates. Ensure that the device is charged more than 50% and connected to a Wi-Fi network.
If you haven’t received the OTA update yet, then you can proceed below to manually flash the firmware update on your Samsung device by following the guide below. Before going to the installation steps, let’s take a quick look at the firmware details below.
Firmware Info: N970FXXS4CTD1
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Note 10
- Model: SM-N970F
- Region: Europe
- Build Number: N970FXXS4CTD1
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-05-01
- Supported Country: Austria, Switzerland, Romania, Luxembourg, Spain, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Serbia, Ireland, UK, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Bosnia, etc
How to Flash Firmware on Galaxy Note 10 using ODIN (N970FXXS4CTD1)
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy Note 10 device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (N970FXXS4CTD1) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
So, make sure to download the May 2020 Security patch for your Galaxy Note 10 model with build number N970FXXS4CTD1. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.