The Finnish mobile phone company HMD Global has released the latest security patch version for the Nokia 3.2 model. Currently, the update is rolling out for the Nokia 3.2 Global and European variant users. The device was launched in mid-2019 with an entry-level budget price segment over the Android One program. All the interested users can Download Nokia 3.2 December Security patch with version V4.14E based on Android 9 Pie and install it by following the steps below.
There is nothing included in this update except for the latest December 2019 Android Security Patch Level. It basically fixes a critical security vulnerability in the Framework component that could enable a remote attacker to occur a permanent rejection of service using a crafted message. Thanks to the Project Zero Security Analysis Team for addressing it. Now, if you’re an Android lover and want to keep updated your device from security risks, then you should upgrade your device to the latest patch.
Check Software Update
As this is an incremental OTA update, it will roll-out in batches and will take a few days or weeks than usual to hit all the Nokia 3.2 devices completely. The update is very small with a file size of 65.1MB and if you want to sideload the update on your Nokia 3.2 then you can follow the installation guide below.
However, make sure to check the OTA update manually as well via Settings > System > Advanced > System update. If available, then download and install the update.
- Use Wi-Fi to download the software update as these updates are of huge file size.
- Make sure to charge the battery of your device up to 50% or more before installing the new software update.
You May Also Like,
- How to Install Stock ROM on Nokia 3.2 [Firmware Flash File]
- Download Nokia 3.2 November 2019 Security patch: 1.41C
- Nokia 3.2 Software Update Tracker: V1.41B October 2019 Security Patch
- Download and Install Nokia 3.2 October Security patch with V1.41B
- Nokia 3.2 – Full Specifications, Price, and Review
Steps to Install Nokia 3.2 December Security patch
It may happen that you don’t receive the automatic OTA update. Even upon manual checking for the update, you may not get to see the update. So, the next option is to manually flash the OTA file. Before installing the update go through some basic guidelines that we have shared below.
- The OTA firmware file we have provided in this tutorial is only to be installed on Nokia 3.2 device. Do not install it on any other Nokia smartphone.
- Charge the battery of your device up to 50% before flashing the OTA.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device data before installing the new software on your device.
Instructions to Install: Nokia 3.2 December Security patch
The manual installation of firmware requires you to enter the device to the stock recovery. From the recovery, browse the OTA firmware and then flash it via ADB. Don’t worry if it sounds difficult. The process is quite easy. We have explained it in detail. Check out the detailed installation guide below.
- Download the OTA zip.
- move it to your device storage.
- Switch off your device
- Press the Volume Up+ Power button to enter the stock recovery mode.
- Now, your device will enter the stock recovery screen. You will see various options among which you will see an option called Apply Update from ADB.
- Scroll to the option using the Volume Up/Down button on your device. To select it, use the Power button.
- Now browse for the OTA zip you moved into your storage.
- Confirm and use the power button to flash the OTA file.
- The installation will take some time. After it’s over you will be back to the Stock Recovery home screen.
- Scroll to the option Reboot System Now. Use the power button to select it.
So, that’s it. We hope that you have successfully installed the December 2019 security patch on your Nokia 3.2 device.