Nokia continues its punctual software update this month for the left-over devices. In the course of which, Nokia 6.2 and Nokia 7.2 are receiving the November 2019 security patch update. This software update is rolling out to both the global and European variants of Nokia 6.2 and 7.2. While the former is getting the new update with build V1.02B, the latter is receiving the upgrade in the form of V1.20B.
While the OTA updates are already airborne for both the variants, all the users may not get the update right away. Normally, the automatic software update moves in batches. Some users may have to wait a little bit until the software knocks into their region. So, to help you avoid waiting for the update, we have put up the OTA zip file which packs the November 2019 patch for the Nokia mid-range duo. Simply, depending upon whichever smartphone you are using, you can download the V1.02B and V1.20B update. Installation is easy and you can use our guide to install the new update.
Table of Contents
Check OTA Update
It may happen that due to geographical location or any other unforeseen circumstances, you will be unable to grab the automatic update rolled by Nokia. So, the next step is to check for the software update manually. It is very simple and will take a few taps on your finger.
Go to device Settings > System > Updates > tap on Check for Updates. If the update is already available in your region, you will get a notification for the same. As you see the new update with build V1.02B/V1.20B, download and install it.
- Use Wi-Fi to download the update fast and it will also save carrier data charges.
- Maintain a minimum of 50% battery charge before you install the new update. This will keep low battery-related hindrances at a bay.
Steps to Install Nokia 6.2 & 7.2 November 2019 Security patch
Installing the security patch is easy. You have to access the stock recovery on your respective Nokia device and then flash the OTA zip through that. We have explained the entire process so that the installation will be a cakewalk for you.
- The OTA files we have put up in this guide are exclusively for the Nokia 6.2 and Nokia 7.2. Do not try to install it on any other device.
- Charge your device up to 50% or more before installing the update
- We suggest you take a complete backup of your device data before installing the new software update.
Instructions to install V.102 B and V1.20B Update
The process for installing the latest V1.02B and V1.20B November 2019 update involves ADB sideloading the OTA zip from the stock recovery.
- Download the OTA zip and move it to your device storage.
- Switch off your device
- Press the Volume Up+ Power button to enter the stock recovery mode.
- Now, you will see the recovery screen with many options. There is an option called Apply Update from ADB.
- Scroll to the option using the Volume Up/Down button on your device. To select it, use the Power button.
- Now browse for the OTA zip you moved into your storage.
- Confirm and use the power button to flash the OTA file.
- The installation will take some time. After it’s over you will be back to the Stock Recovery home screen.
- Scroll to the option Reboot System Now. Use the power button to select it.
That’s all about how to install the latest November 2019 security patch for the Nokia 6.2 and Nokia 7.2. Security updates are always an important aspect of smartphones. So, make sure, not to miss out on it.