HMD Global is one of the consistent and dedicated smartphone OEMs to provide faster & frequent software updates to Nokia devices. The company has released its new device Nokia 7.2 in September 2019 with all-rounder specifications. As the device runs on Android 9.0 Pie with the Android One program, the device is receiving the latest December 2019 patch update globally. You can Download Nokia 7.2 December Security patch with version V1.20C.
The firmware OTA updates are rolling out in a phased manner with a software version V1.20C based on Android 9.0 Pie. All the Nokia 7.2 users will soon receive the OTA update in a couple of days or so. However, it’s recommended to check OTA updates manually. Additionally, we have provided the firmware installed guide below for your ease.
Check Software Update
As expected, the software OTA updates always roll-out in batches and takes some time due to the server or carrier. Either you can wait for the OTA update notification or you can manually check software update.
You can do it via heading over to the device Settings > System > Advanced > System update. If the latest update is available for your device, then simply download and install it.
- Use Wi-Fi to download the software update as these updates are of huge file size.
- Make sure to charge the battery of your device up to 50% or more before installing the new software update.
You May Also Like,
- List of Best Custom ROM for Nokia 7.2 [Updated]
- How to unlock bootloader on Nokia 7.2 and 6.2
- Download and Install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for Nokia 7.2
- How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Nokia 7.2
- Download Google Camera for Nokia 7.2 Device (GCam 6.3)
Steps to Install Nokia 7.2 December Security patch
It may happen that you don’t receive the automatic OTA update. Even upon manual checking for the update, you may not get to see the update. So, the next option is to manually flash the OTA file. Before installing the update go through some basic guidelines that we have shared below.
- The OTA firmware file we have provided in this tutorial is only to be installed on Nokia 7.2. Do not install it on any other Nokia smartphone.
- Charge the battery of your device up to 50% before flashing the OTA.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device data before installing the new software on your device.
V1.20C – OTA Link
Instructions to Install: Nokia 7.2 December Security patch
The manual installation of firmware requires you to enter the device to the stock recovery. From the recovery, browse the OTA firmware and then flash it via ADB. Don’t worry if it sounds difficult. The process is quite easy. We have explained it in detail. Check out the detailed installation guide below.
- Download the OTA zip.
- move it to your device storage.
- Switch off your device
- Press the Volume Up+ Power button to enter the stock recovery mode.
- Now, your device will enter the stock recovery screen. You will see various options among which you will see an option called Apply Update from ADB.
- Scroll to the option using the Volume Up/Down button on your device. To select it, use the Power button.
- Now browse for the OTA zip you moved into your storage.
- Confirm and use the power button to flash the OTA file.
- The installation will take some time. After it’s over you will be back to the Stock Recovery home screen.
- Scroll to the option Reboot System Now. Use the power button to select it.
So, that’s it. We hope that you have successfully installed the December 2019 security patch on your Nokia 7.2 device.