ZTE Nubia Z20 was released back in 2019 that offers a dual-display setup on both sides running on Android 9.0 Pie on top of Nubia UI out of the box. In Nov 2020, Nubia has officially released the Android 11 update for the Z20 model in China. Now, if you’re one of the Nubia Z20 users then you can Download the Official ZTE Nubia Z20 Android 11 R firmware from this article.
Keep in mind that the firmware version is 3.09 beta China which means there is no Google Apps preloaded in it. As we all know that Chinese variant Android smartphones do not come with stock Google apps out of the box from manufacturers. This time ZTE Nubia has released the direct Android 11 R update from the Android 9 Pie version. Meanwhile, a bunch of functions has been included that we’ve mentioned below.
ZTE Nubia Z20 Android 11 R – Changelog
A big thanks to natz (Senior XDA Member) for sharing the official Nubia thread with Android 11 download links. In terms of the highlighted features, it includes split-screen mode, new avatar mode, picture-in-picture support, game-related functions, a new upgrade in the overall UI style, game space, global dark mode, etc.
- Update: Google security patch updated to 2020.09
- Optimization: Power consumption strategy in multiple scenarios
- Optimization: System stability
- Optimization: Overall system performance
- New: Split screen function, support for starting in the control center or multi-tasking
- New: Clone Function, support WeChat, QQ, Weibo, Taobao, Jingdong, and other applications.
- New: UI style overall upgrade.
- New: Crosshair assist function.
- New: One-click combo
- Picture-in-picture function supports WeChat, QQ, Douyin, Bilibili, and other applications.
- New: Dark mode
- New: Quickly turn on the flashlight under the lock screen.
- New: WiFi QR code sharing function
- Optimization: WiFi link supports hotspot sharing in the state.
- Optimization: the effect of some application scenes.
- Optimization: improve the screen quality, increase the horizontal and vertical screen recording function.
- Fix the probabilistic call silent problem in some scenes.
The optimized content of this update includes but is not limited to the ones listed above.
- For a better experience, it is recommended to update the third-party application to the latest version in the app store after the upgrade to avoid the adaptation problem of Android R due to the old third-party application version
- After upgrading from P to R version, rollback to P is not supported. If you forcibly rollback, it will cause data loss and bricking.
Download Official ZTE Nubia Z20 Android 11 R
Note: Do not try Magisk to de-china this build. Otherwise, you can’t get back to the previous OS version or may brick the device. Think carefully before installing Google Apps or Services. For additional support, you can visit the XDA source link below.
Steps to Flash Stock ROM on ZTE Nubia Z20
If you’ve downloaded the latest Android 11 firmware file for your Nubia Z20 device and want to install it successfully then check out the steps below.
Install Update File on Nubia Z20
- Make sure that your device is charged to 50% or above.
- Transfer the downloaded firmware ZIP file to your phone’s internal storage from the computer via connecting it with a USB cable.
- Once the firmware file is transferred, disconnect the USB cable.
- Now, go to the device Settings menu > System update > Tap on the Settings menu (three dots icon).
- Choose Local update > Find and select the transferred firmware zip file.
- Then tap on Install now to confirm flashing the update.
- It may take some time to install the firmware update. Once done, your device will boot into the system.
If some issues occur then try performing a factory reset from the stock recovery menu by following these steps. So, just switch off the device > Press and hold the Volume UP + Power buttons together for a couple of seconds until the device boots into the stock recovery mode.
Now, navigate to language using volume keys and press the power button to choose your preferred language > Go to Wipe data > Select Wipe user data. The device will reboot and sign in to your Google or Nubia account to start using the handset.
Well, if you want to manually flash the firmware then check out How to Install Stock Firmware on Nubia Z20.
That’s it, guys. We assume this article was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.