Good news for OnePlus 6 and 6T owners as the OEM has pushed in the latest Android 10 update for the devices. Notably, the update also brings in December 2019 security patchset along with all the new features and goodies of Android 10 for the OnePlus 6/6T. The update adds system stability by fixing quite a few bugs, tags along with fixes for camera and Gallery as well. This hotfix update arrives with the version number 10.3.1 and is being pushed via OTA. However, in this post, we will give you the links to download OxygenOS 10.3.1 for OnePlus 6/6T December 2019 security patch.
If you have not received the update, then you can go ahead to Settings and check for the update manually. The update is reportedly 80MB in size. One of the important fix that this update brings is the heating issue while charging for both the devices which have been reported by users on various platforms. So, it is advised that you upgrade your OnePlus 6/6T to fix all the critical issues on your device. Without any further ado, let us get straight into the article itself:
Check Software update:
- Go to the Settings > tap on System > System update > Check for update.
- If the latest update is available then download and install it.
- Wait for the update to complete.
- That’s it.
Firmware Information and Changelog
- Model: OnePlus 6 and 6T
- OxygenOS Version: 10
- Software Version: V10.3.1
- Size: 80MB
– Fixed the issue with a black screen appearing after unlocking the device using a fingerprint
– Fixed the issue with the animation logo while rebooting the device
– Fixed the issue with device heating up while charging
– Fixed the random disconnection issue with 5Ghz hotspot
– Improved system stability and fixed general bugs
– Updated security patch to 2019.12
– Optimized the image preview time in the Pro mode
– Fixed the camera crash issue
– Fixed the issue with videos and images not displaying in the gallery
Still, you have not received any new update, luckily for the OnePlus 6T owners, we have the download link for the incremental update which you can download and then follow the steps to install it on your OnePlus 6T. We will add the OnePlus 6 OTA update link once we have the link with us.
- OnePlus 6T – OxygenOS 10.3.1
Steps to install OxygenOS 10.3.1 for OnePlus 6 and 6T
Notably, there are two methods that you can install the latest OxygenOS 10.3.1 hotfix update on your OnePlus 6 and 6T smartphones i.e. Local upgrade and the other is Fastboot Method.
- Download the firmware OTA zip file from above and move it to the internal storage on your OnePlus 6 and 6T device.
- Now, head over to the Settings > System Updates > tap on gear icon > use the Local Upgrade.
- Select the firmware file which you’ve downloaded before.
- You will see a pop-up screen to upgrade your device, tap on Upgrade Now.
- Next, the device will reboot and flash the OTA file via Stock Recovery.
- The device will boot into a new system.
- Then turn off the phone > press and hold the Volume Down + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into recovery mode.
- Go to Wipe data and cache & select Erase everything.
- Once done. Reboot your device.
- That’s it!
You can also check out our full tutorial video below on how to locally upgrade your OnePlus smartphone:
You can follow the video below for upgrading your device via the Fastboot method.
So, there you have it from my side in this post. I hope you guys liked this post and upgraded your device to the latest OxygenOS 10.3.1. Let us know in the comments below what are your thoughts about this update and if it fixes the issues mentioned in the changelog or not. Until the next post…Cheers!