OnePlus has become quite a popular smartphone brand. The company has not gained much name in its homeland China, as much as it has gained in other markets like India, UK, etc. The company offers some decent smartphones with great VFM (Value For Money), but one of the major reasons why people consider buying OnePlus phones is the OxygenOS. The OS offers Stock Android like experience along with many added useful features, and gets updated often.
The latest update includes OxygenOS 9.0.14 for the OnePlus 6T, and Oxygen OS 9.0.6 for One Plus 6, OnePlus 5T, and OnePlus 5. The update comes with various changes like an updated security patch of May 2019, and some bug fixes and improvements. It also brings support of quickly pairing the Bullets Wireless 2 earbuds with the phone, and stability and compatibility of Bluetooth have been improved too.
The photo quality of the front camera on the OnePlus 6T has been improved. OnePlus has also added a feedback tool which is integrated into the community app. Users can now submit their feedback, bug fixes, suggestions or feature requests through this tool. You can read more about it here. Also, check out the complete changelog of the updates below:
OxygenOS 9.0.14 and OxygenOS 9.0.6 for OnePlus 6T and OnePlus 6:
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2019.5
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Support for Quick Pairing of Bullets Wireless 2 added
- Improved stability and compatibility of Bluetooth
- Improved confirm password UI for hidden space
- Camera (OnePlus 6T）
- Optimized photo quality from the front camera
- Bug fix
- Fixed issue with ringtone for SMS
- Fixed issue with speed dial getting cleared
- Fixed issue loading credentials required WiFi requiring Login
OxygenOS 9.0.6 for OnePlus 5T and OnePlus 5:
- Updated Android security patch to 2019.5
- General bug fixes and system improvement
- Supported Quick Pairing of Bullets Wireless 2
- Fixed issue with automatic answering failing while connected to Bluetooth Headset
How to update:
The OTA updates have been rolled out in phases. You can first check for an update before updating it manually. To check for an update, go to “Settings > About phone > Software updates”. If it shows an update available, you can click install. Otherwise, follow the method below:
- Download the update file for your phone from the links below, and move it to your phone.
- Now go to Settings > About phone > Software updates, and click on the settings icon.
- Click on Local upgrade, and browse and locate the downloaded update file.
- Your device will now reboot and update the software successfully.
OnePlus 6T:OxygenOS 9.0.13 To OxygenOS 9.0.14 OxygenOS 9.0.14 Full OTA
OnePlus 5T:OxygenOS 9.0.5 To OxygenOS 9.0.6 OxygenOS 9.0.6 Full OTA
OnePlus 5:OxygenOS 9.0.5 To OxygenOS 9.0.6 OxygenOS 9.0.6 Full OTA