OnePlus has started rolling out another latest update OxygenOS 9.0.14 for OnePlus 6T devices. As we all know, OxygenOS is one of the Custom Skins which is customizable yet smoother and faster just like a Stock Android. It offers a great user experience to all the OnePlus device users globally while the Chinese variants HydrogenOS also provides the same.
The new OxygenOS 9.0.14 for OnePlus 6T brings the updated May 2019 Android Security Patch for more system stability and improved security features. It also fixes some of the general bug and system improvements with other fixes as well. Such Bluetooth Quick Pairing support for Bullets Wireless 2, improved launcher, selfie camera optimization, ringtone for SMS, speed dial, Wi-Fi login credentials issue, etc.
Here we have shared the list of new update changelog for OP6T device. Check out below:
Changelog: OxygenOS 9.0.14 for OnePlus 6T
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2019.05 (May)
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Support for Quick Pairing of Bullets Wireless 2 added
- Improved stability and compatibility of Bluetooth
- Improved confirm password UI for hidden space
- Camera (OnePlus 6T)
- Optimized photo quality from the front camera
- Bug fix
- Fixed issue with ringtone for SMS
- Fixed issue with speed dial getting cleared
- Issue loading credentials required WiFi requiring Login – fixed
The Launcher confirm password UI for hidden space is now improved than earlier. Additionally, the front camera picture quality also optimized including speed dial getting cleared issue fixes, etc. OnePlus mostly release OTA updates via batches. So, it may take a few days more to receive the update on your OP6T device. So, please be patient.
Check for OTA on OnePlus Devices
As mentioned before, all the OxygenOS updates are in incremental mode and will be rolled out via batches. Therefore, it may take a few days than expected. You need to check for the OTA update notifications on your OnePlus devices manually. Follow the simple steps mentioned below to check for OTA.
- Go to device Settings > System > tap on System updates > tap on Check for Updates.
- Check for the official OTA update of OxygenOS 9.0.14 OTA for OnePlus 6T.
- If you can see that the update is available, then Simply tap on Download and install button to start updating process.
- It’s always better to connect your device to a Wi-Fi network to download the OTAs. This will save your carrier data charges and saves a lot of time as well.
- Make sure to keep your device battery charged up to 50% or more before installing the system update. This will reduce the occasional shutdown or low battery failure during system updates.
Download OnePlus 6T OxygenOS 9.0.14
Here the ROM download link is given below for Oneplus 6T which brings the new update.
- OnePlus 6T OxygenOS 9.0.14 | Download (9.0.13 to 9.0.14 OTA)
- OnePlus 6T OxygenOS 9.0.14 Full OTA | Download (Coming Soon)
Steps to Install the OxygenOS 9.0.14 on OnePlus 6T
- In order to install the latest OxygenOS 9.0.14 update on OnePlus 6T device, either you can follow the local upgrade method which is very easy and recommended otherwise, follow the ADB Sideload method.
- In the local upgrade method, you need to download and move the ROM (.zip) file to your device storage. Then reboot your phone into the recovery mode and flash the firmware file from stock recovery.
- Otherwise, you can install the ROM file via ADB Sideload method which is not so hard process but quite lengthy. A detailed guide for both methods provided below.
- Before flashing the OTA zip file, you should follow the mentioned instructions given in pre-requirements.
- This ROM file is exclusively for OnePlus 6T device. Don’t use on other device models.
- Make sure that you have the latest USB drivers installed.
- Charge your phone’s battery at least up to 60%-70% to avoid interruption during the update process.
- Download and install the ADB Fastboot tools. (Required for ADB sideloading)
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Install OxygenOS 9.0.14 on OnePlus 6T [Local Upgrade]
- Download the OTA zip file from above and move it to the internal storage on your respective device.
- Now, go to Settings > System Updates > tap on Settings icon > Local Upgrade
- Select the OTA file which you moved earlier.
- Now, you will see a prompt screen to upgrade your phone, Simply tap on Upgrade Now.
- Your device will reboot and flash the OTA file via Stock Recovery. (Wait for a few minutes)
After installing the OxygenOS firmware, your phone will reboot with the latest software version. Enjoy!
Alternatively, you can use ADB sideload method to flash the latest OxygenOS 9.0.14 on OnePlus 6T. Check out the link below to get a full guide on how to do it.