OnePlus has started rolling out another latest update OxygenOS 9.0.6 for OnePlus 6 devices. As we all know, OxygenOS is one of the Custom Skins which is customizable yet smoother and faster just like a Stock Android. The new OxygenOS 9.0.6 for OnePlus 6 brings the updated May 2019 Android Security Patch for more system stability and improved security features.
It also fixes some of the general bug and system improvements with other fixes as well. Such Bluetooth Quick Pairing support for Bullets Wireless 2, improved launcher, ringtone for SMS, speed dial, Wi-Fi login credentials issue, etc. The confirm password UI of the launcher for hidden space is now improved.
OnePlus rolling out OTA updates via batches. So, it may take a few days more to receive the update. Therefore, you need to wait. Here we have shared the list of new update changelog for OnePlus 6 device. Check out below:
OxygenOS 9.0.6 for OnePlus 6: Changelog
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2019.05 (May)
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Support for Quick Pairing of Bullets Wireless 2 added
- Improved stability and compatibility of Bluetooth
- Improved confirm password UI for hidden space
- Bug Fix
- Fixed issue with ringtone for SMS
- Fixed issue with speed dial getting cleared
- Issue loading credentials required WiFi requiring Login – fixed
Check for OTA on OnePlus Devices
As mentioned before, all the OxygenOS updates are in incremental mode and will be rolled out via batches. Therefore, it may take a few days than expected. You need to check for the OTA update notifications on your OnePlus devices manually. Follow the simple steps mentioned below to check for OTA.
- Go to device Settings > System > tap on System updates > tap on Check for Updates.
- Check for the official OTA update of OxygenOS 9.0.6 OTA for OnePlus 6.
- If the update is available, simply tap on Download and install button to start the updating process.
Download OnePlus 6 OxygenOS 9.0.6
Here the ROM download link is given below for Oneplus 6 which brings the new update.
- OnePlus 6 OxygenOS 9.0.6 | Download (9.0.5 to 9.0.6 OTA)
- OnePlus 6 OxygenOS 9.0.6 Full OTA | Download
Steps to Install the OxygenOS 9.0.6 on OnePlus 6
In order to install the latest OxygenOS 9.0.6 update on OnePlus 6 device, either you can follow the local upgrade method which is very easy and recommended otherwise, follow the ADB Sideload method.
In the local upgrade method, you need to download and move the ROM (.zip) file to your device storage. Then reboot your phone into the recovery mode and flash the firmware file from stock recovery. Otherwise, you can install the ROM file via ADB Sideload method which is not so hard process but quite lengthy. A detailed guide for both methods provided below.
Before flashing the OTA zip file, you should follow the mentioned instructions given in pre-requirements.
- This ROM file is only for OnePlus 6 device. Don’t use on other devices.
- Make sure that you have the latest USB drivers installed.
- Keep your phone battery charged up to 50% at least.
- Download and install the ADB Fastboot tools. (Required for ADB sideloading)
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Install OxygenOS 9.0.6 on OnePlus 6 [Local Upgrade]
- Download the OTA zip file from above and move it to the internal storage on your respective device.
- Now, go to Settings > System Updates > tap on Settings icon > Local Upgrade
- Select the OTA file which you moved earlier.
- Now, you will see a prompt screen to upgrade your phone, Simply tap on Upgrade Now.
- Your device will reboot and flash the OTA file via Stock Recovery.
- Now, your device will reboot to the new system. You’re done.
Alternatively, you can use ADB sideload method to flash the latest OxygenOS 9.0.6 on OnePlus 6. Check out the link below to get a full guide on how to do it.
Steps to ADB Sideload the ROM
Here we have provided the full detailed guide on how to sideload the ROM via ADB Sideload method. Check out the link mentioned below: