LeEco Le Max 2 launched in April 2016. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Today we have good news, now you can enjoy the OxygenOS 10 ROM on LeEco Le Max 2 based on Android 10 Q. OxygenOS is the customized version of Android OS developed by Chinese Smartphone maker OnePlus exclusively for their devices. The ROM makes the device much faster and gives you the stock experience.
Thanks to the developer Abhishek4587kumar for sharing the OxygenOS on the XDA forum. Also full credits to the team who has helped in developing this fastest stock experience ROM from OnePlus 7 Pro OxygenOS 10.0 for LeEco Le Max 2.
This ROM is still in beta and we don’t recommend you to use this as a daily driver. If you are a flasholic and want to see the development of this ROM, then you can flash the OxygenOS ROM on LeEco Le Max 2. Before flashing, make sure to check the list of what’s working and not working.
Table of Contents
What is OxygenOS ROM?
OxygenOS is the customized version of the Android OS developed by Chinese smartphone manufacturer OnePlus exclusively for their smartphones. OxygenOS was developed for their global market and there is also another version of the OS designed specifically for the Chinese home market called HydrogenOS. The ROM first started by the base of Android OS called Android Lollipop, and till the Pie release, the company has kept it completely free of bloat and unnecessary features.
What's Not Working
Everything works except for Fingerprint Unlock, Face Unlock, Ambient Display, and BT Audio
- OxygenOS 10: Download
Steps to Install OxygenOS 10 ROM on LeEco Le Max 2
How do I install the OxygenOS port on my LeEco Le Max 2? Well, don’t worry! Here we will guide how exactly you can flash and enjoy OnePlus OxygenOS ROM on LeEco Le Max 2.
- Supported device: LeEco Le Max 2 (laurel_sprout)
- Make sure to charge your device up to 50% or more before doing any setup.
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same. [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Download the latest LeEco USB Drivers
- You need a PC or Laptop to install this custom firmware on LeEco Le Max 2
- You need a USB cable to connect your phone to your PC.
- You need to unlock the bootloader on LeEco Le Max 2
- Download and Install LeEco Le Max 2 TWRP Recovery.
Instructions to Install:
- If you have the latest TWRP Recovery on your phone, then download the OxygenOS zip file from the above download area.
- Now extract the zip file and move the System.img, vendor.img and boot.img to the root of the internal storage.
- Now reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery and Swipe Allow Modifications (Appears for the first time only)
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, make sure to take a complete backup of stock or custom ROM using TWRP.
- Now wipe the cache, data, and system before flashing the OxygenOS on LeEco Le Max 2.
- To Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, and Data and then swipe to wipe. [su_note note_color=”#fef0ef” text_color=”#000000″]Warning: Make sure not to select Internal storage[/su_note]
- Now you can install the OxygenOS flashable image file in TWRP: Install -> Tap on Install Image ->
- Now tap on Install and look for the image file from root directory [System.img , vendor.img and boot.img]
- Flash one by one.
- That’s it! Reboot and enjoy!
I hope this guide was quite easy to flash and enjoy the OxygenOS ROM on LeEco Le Max 2. If you still have trouble installing, then head over to the official Telegram page about the same OxygenOS ROM and report your issue.