Verizon rolled December 2019 Android security patch for the Motorola Moto Z4 (codenamed foles) with build number PDFS29.105-74-4. The update is rolling over the air for the users with the Verizon carriers.
As we speak, the update is live and it is based on Android 9.0 Pie. If you haven’t received the update on your Verizon Moto Z4 device, then you can manually check the software update.
Check The Software Update
Go to Settings App > Software update > Tap on System Updates. Now hit the option Check for Updates. Now, if the PDFS29.105-74-4 update is available for the device, you will get a notification to download it.
Before downloading, make sure to charge your device up to 50% or more. Use the WiFi connection to download faster and avoid charges from the operator.
- Device Name: Moto Z4
- Model Number: XT1922-6
- Region: USA
- Carriers: Verizon
- Codename: foles
- Build number: PDFS29.105-74-4
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Android Security Patch Level: 2019-12-01
How to install stock firmware on Verizon Moto Z4
To flash the firmware manually on your device, then you need to download the ADB fastboot tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (PDFS29.105-74-4) is supported for Moto Z4 (Verizon variants)
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device
Firmware Installation Guide
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
So, make sure to download the December 2019 Security patch for your Verizon Moto Z4 with build number PDFS29.105-74-4. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.