The Chinese smartphone manufacturing giants, XIAOMI went a notch higher on the Redmi 5 Plus smartphone. The Redmi 5 Plus succeeds the Redmi 4 with significant improvements to its design and hardware. The Redmi 5 Plus features a 5.99-inch display and sports a 12-megapixel rear camera, a 5-megapixel front camera and also runs on MIUI 9 based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat. Users who own the Redmi 5 Plus and are in search of drivers should look no further. Here you can download both the Redmi 5 and 5 Plus USB Drivers and Xiaomi Mi Suite.
USB drivers are very important to owners of Android devices because of its seamless connection with personal computers and laptops. The drivers also enable other functions which include but not limited to unlocking bootloaders, rooting devices, using commands, transfer of data and phone-PC synchronization.
How to Install Redmi 5 Plus USB Drivers
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus USB Drivers Link – Xiaomi USB Drivers
– Download the USB drivers .exe file from the link provided above
– Once it’s downloaded, double click or right click on the file for options and click on open
– Follow the proceeding instructions until the installation is completed.
Now you have successfully installed Redmi 5 Plus Drivers on your Personal computer/laptop.
RECOMMENDED READ: Download latest Xiaomi USB drivers for Windows and MAC
How to install Xiaomi Mi Suite
Installing an interface has its advantages. Xiaomi MI Suite offers users the ability to manage their files (pictures, videos, music), append and remove contacts, messages, and more importantly, backup, restore, system upgrade and flashing amongst other functions.
Xiaomi MI Suite Link – Download
– Download Xiaomi MI Suite from the link highlighted above
– Once the file has finished downloading, double-click on the file to install or right click on the file for options and click on open
– Follow the proceeding instructions until the installation is completed
Features on the Xaiomi Mi Suite includes:
- The main interface – where you can manage files, apps, photos, videos, notes, music, messages, contacts and also heavy lifting functions such as phone backups, restore, system upgrade and ROM flashing. It also has extra functions like screenshot and screencast.
- Connecting your phone to the PC automatically switches the internet connection to that of the PC. Turning this feature off requires that you access your notification icon and then disable.
A point to note is that making use of the screencast option automatically turns the disabled internet connection back on.
- The screencast feature displays your phone’s screen on the PC and allows control of the phone through it.
- The backup option allows you create the backup of your phone’s data and also manage previous backups.
- The update option allows you perform system updates and also check the update logs.
- On the main interface, connecting your phone in Fastboot mode automatically opens the dialogue for fastboot flashing. It requires a choice between two options which would then download the fastboot ROM and flashing starts. Note that this option once executed wipes all the data from the phone. After flashing, the phone shows another dialogue then boots.
- The file explorer interface manages the transfer of files between the PC and the phone.
- The app tab interface allows you to uninstall, restrict network access and install new applications through the PC.
- Other interfaces to note are the photo manager, the video manager, the music manager, as well as messaging, notes and contacts.
And there we have it… A sneak peek into Redmi 5 Plus USB Drivers and Xaiomi MI Suite
Other Related Post:
- Redmi 5 and Redmi 5 Plus: How to Reboot into Fastboot Mode
- Common Redmi 5 Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More