Have you installed any Custom ROM before? If yes, then you might have heard about the SlimROM. SlimROM is now available for HTC U11 based on Android 9.0 Pie. Now you can download and install SlimROM for HTC U11 by following this guide. The guide is simple and easy! All you need to do is install the latest version of TWRP recovery to enjoy the SlimROM on HTC U11 device.
With the latest iteration of Android 9.0 Pie, you will enjoy all the SlimROM features with good battery life and performance.
To install SlimROM on HTC U11, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new SlimROM for HTC U11. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of SlimROM OS.
Table of Contents
What is SlimROM OS?
Slim ROM is super-lightweight Android ROM for all the Custom ROM supported devices, that’s aimed at advanced users. Slim is designed to trim the fat down to the bare essentials and give you a fast and clean Android installation. The idea for SlimRoms is to provide a straightforward custom ROM that does not include any unneeded bloat, giving your OS freedom to zipping along at great speed.
Android 9.0 Pie Build
The New slimROM is based on Android 9.0 Pie which comes with all the new features such as new gesture-based navigation system, New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
[su_note note_color=”#fffef6″ text_color=”#000000″]A quick Disclaimer: Please don’t follow this guide if you don’t have an idea of what you are doing as you might end up messing up with your device. The GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any damage that may be caused to your device.[/su_note]
Steps to install SlimROM for HTC U11 based on Android 9.0 Pie
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: HTC U11 (ocn)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download Android USB Drivers.
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools]
- SlimROM zip file: Download
- Download any latest Gapps file:
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your HTC U11.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on HTC U11.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on HTC U11.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded SlimROM zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy SlimROM on HTC U11 (ocn).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the SlimROM for HTC U11. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.