The Chinese smartphone OEM OnePlus is very consistent in terms of providing the software update to its devices. Currently, OnePlus has started rolling out the stable Hydrogen OS 10.0 for OnePlus 6 and 6T Chinese variants. FYI, Hydrogen OS or H2OS is the Chinese official ROM for the Chinese OnePlus devices and the Oxygen OS is for the global OnePlus variants. The new update brings the latest Android 10 version along with plenty of improvements. Now, if you’re using the OnePlus 6/6T Chinese variants, then you can download and install the latest Hydrogen OS 10.0 firmware from here.
Also Read: OnePlus 6 Firmware Flash File
Additionally, if you have a global OnePlus 6/6T variant, you can still install this update but you won’t get the Google Apps package in it. As OnePlus releases firmware update in the Chinese and global market between a week gap, we can expect that the update should arrive soon on the global variants as well. The latest Android 10 offers system-wide dark mode, gestures navigation, volume slider, new recent UI, new sharing menu, focus mode, smart reply, family link, and more.
The firmware OTA update will soon arrive on the Chinese OnePlus 6 and 6T variants. However, we have shared the firmware update file along with a detailed installation guide below.
Download Hydrogen OS 10.0 for OnePlus 6 and 6T
Steps to Install Stable Hydrogen OS 10.0 on OnePlus 6 and 6T
We have provided two methods to install the latest stable Android 10 update (H2OS) on your OnePlus 6/6T. Either you can follow the local upgrade method or ADB Sideload method in order to upgrade your device.
Make sure to follow all the requirements mentioned below for proper and successful installation.
- These ROM files are only for OnePlus 6/6T (Chinese variants). Though you can upgrade the global variants.
- The latest OnePlus USB Drivers should be installed on your PC.
- Keep your device charged at least up to 50% or more.
- Download and install the ADB Fastboot tools. (For ADB Sideload)
- Take a full backup of your phone before going to the installation method.
Installation Instruction: Via Local Upgrade
- First of all, you have to download the firmware zip file on your device storage.
- Now, head over to the Settings app > System Updates > tap on Settings icon > select Local Upgrade.
- Choose the downloaded firmware file and tap on Upgrade Now option.
- Your phone will reboot into the Stock Recovery mode and install the firmware.
- Wait for a few minutes and your device will boot into the new system automatically.
- Now, turn off the phone > press and hold the Volume Down + Power button simultaneously for a few seconds to enter into the stock recovery mode again.
- Go to Wipe data and cache > select Erase everything.
- Finally, restart your phone normally. You’re done.
Via ADB Sideload MethodHow To ADB Sideload Stock ROM on OnePlus Devices
We hope you’ve found this guide helpful. If you’ve any queries, let us know in the comments below.