The US tele-carrier T-Mobile is rolling out the latest June 2019 security patch for the Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2018. It is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. The new update is rolling over-the-air with build number T387TUVS1ASF2. the update brings no unique attributes to the device except for the security level step-up. In the process, it will also fix up a number of vulnerabilities and bugs.
OTA usually takes its own time to knock into the devices. So, if you can wait for the new T387TUVS1ASF2 update to roll into your Galaxy Tab A, then you can install the stock firmware which brings the latest upgrade for the device. We have put up the download link for the firmware along with installation guide. Check it out.
Table of Contents
Downloading OTA Manually
Like we said OTA updates drop automatically into target devices but depending upon geographical location, it may not roll into all the devices at one time. So, you have to manually search for it. To do that
- Go to Settings > System Update
- In there tap on Check for New Update
- If you see the new update with respective changelog showing up, then tap on Download.
Make sure your device has a battery charge over 50% and try to connect to a Wi-Fi to download the update. Software update file size may be big so, with Wi-Fi your carrier will not charge you for data.
How to Manually Install Latest Stock Firmware on T-Mobile Galaxy Tab A 2018
To manually install stock ROM on any Samsung device we will have to make use of the Odin tool. That we have detailed out ahead. Before beginning with the installation you have to follow some general guidelines which we have mentioned below.
- This ROM & guide is exclusively for T-Mobile Galaxy Tab A 2018. Do not use it on any other devices.
- Charge your device’s battery up to 50% or more before installing the new update.
- A PC/Laptop
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before installing any new stock firmware.
- You must install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies software.
- You have to enter the Samsung Download Mode.
Download T387TUVS1ASF2 Firmware
Here is the download link for the latest stock firmware for the T-Mobile Galaxy Tab A which is receiving the June 2019 security patch update.
Here is the installation guide that will help you flash the stock firmware.
So, that’s it, guys. Either wait for the OTA to roll in or manually flash the firmware to update your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Tab A to T387TUVS1ASF2. We hope that this tutorial was helpful to you.