In today’s guide, you will learn how to dual boot Redmi Note 4G using Dual Boot Patcher application. This means you can use MultiROM on Redmi Note 4G. This is a new method to boot with multiple roms using Dual Boot Patcher on Redmi Note 4G. Dual Boot Patcher was created by chenxiaolong, Senior Member – XDA who was initially developed the Dual Boot patcher for Galaxy S4. Now Dual boot patcher supports over 150 device officially.
Now you can enjoy Dual Boot Patcher on Redmi Note 4G using this guide below on How to Dual Boot Redmi Note 4G using Dual Boot Patcher application. Now we have stable official Dual boot patcher for Redmi Note 4G. With this app, now you can enjoy multi ROM support. Now Redmi Note 4G is a official to enjoy Dual Boot Patcher among other 150 device.
What is Dual Boot Patcher ?
DualBootPatcher is an open-source app that allows multiple ROMs to be installed on a single Android device. It does its best to work with existing code and does not require explicit support from ROMs. There are currently 136 supported devices and their variations. In other terms Dual Boot Patch allows you to boot Two or more ROM in one android phone.
If you are a flasholic and love custom ROM on your Redmi Note 4G, then you probably would be very interested in getting hands on Dual Boot Patcher on your device. Yes, dual boot patacher allows you to have multiple ROMs on a single device. With Redmi Note 4G using Dual Boot Patcher, you can run both Android Nougat Stock and Lineage OS 14.1.
CHECK RELATED POST
- Root and Install Official TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G.
- Download MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 3S and 3S Prime
- How to Install Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 On Yu Yureka 4G
- Official Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- Top 10 Android Smartphones under Rs 15,000 in India – March 2017
How does it helps Redmi Note 4G using Dual Boot Patcher ?
- Custom kernels for dual boot support
- ROMs so that they can be installed as secondary
- Google Apps packages for AOSP-based ROMs
- SuperSU so that it can be used in the secondary ROM
- Official MultiROM
Steps for Dual Boot Redmi Note 4G using Dual Boot Patcher ?
- First of all, Download the Dual Boot Patcher application on Redmi Note 4G from above download link
- Now install the app on your smartphone.
- Before opening the Dual Boot Patcher on your device, make sure to keep the Stock ROM as always Primary.
- Make sure you have rooted your phone.
- Now open the app called Dual Boot Patcher
- navigate to ROMs in the navigation drawer. It will ask if you want to set the kernel. Make sure that you do.
- If it shows failed to update mbtool, then make sure you have rooted your phone. Click here on How to Root your Phone
- Now open the Patch Zip File from the navigation drawer and Click on the + button in the bottom right corner
- Select the file you want to patch using either ODIN Image (Samsung) or Flashable zip file
- Select Secondary to Install the Secondary ROM for Patched Zip file
- Once the flashable zip is patched. Now you can flash the patched zip file either using recovery or using in-app flashing process.
To flash using Recovery :
- Boot into Recovery Mode by Pressing and Holding Power Button + Volume Down button until you see the Recovery (Samsung users : Hold )
- Now Tap Install button from Recovery and Browse for the Patched zip file that you created in Step 9 (Steps for Dual Boot Redmi Note 4G using Dual Boot Patcher)
- This way you can install the secondary ROM in Redmi Note 4G using Dual Boot Patcher.
To Flash via in-app flashing using Dual Boot Patcher :
- To flash via in-app flashing method, Open Dual Boot Patcher app
- Go to ROMs in the navigational drawer
- Tap the floating button on the bottom right, and add the zips you want to install
- You can queue multiple zips and they will all be flashed in one go.
- Once you’ve added all the zips you want to flash, click the check mark in the action bar and they will be flashed right away.
How to Switch between Multiple ROMs using Dual boor patcher App ?
You can easily switch between multiple ROMs (multirom by flashing a simple zip file called DualBootUtilities zip. You can flash the DualBootUtilities zip via Custom Recovery on your smartphone. Once you have flashed, It will provide a menu interface that allows switching to the various ROMs.
If you have TWRP, you can also switch manually by tapping Install -> Images (bottom right) -> Go to /sdcard/MultiBoot/[Your ROM]/ -> flash boot.img.
How do i Wipe /cache, /data, /system, or dalvik-cache?
You can do this task from the Dual Boot Patcher app itself while booted in another ROM. To Wipe – Go to ROMS in the navigation drawer -> tap on the 3 dots which will open the ROM menu and tap “Wipe ROM”.
If you already flashed the DualBootUtilities zip then you can wipe a ROM easily using the Dual Boot Interface.
Update the primary ROM?
Patch the zip for primary and flash it. The “primary” installation target is designed so that other ROMs won’t be affected when you want to flash something for the primary ROM.
Update a non-primary ROM?
Patch and flash the zip exactly like how you did it the first time.
Flash a mod or custom kernel for the primary ROM?
Patch it for primary before flashing. If the zip does not wipe /cache, it is also safe to flash it directly.
Flash a mod or custom kernel for a non-primary ROM?
Just patch and flash it :)
I Hope you have followed the steps above on How to dual boot Redmi Note 4G using Dual Boot Patcher application.
[su_divider top=”no” size=”1″][su_divider size=”1″][/su_divider]
Full Credits to : chenxiaolong