Google’s Android OS is known for its customizations and easy to use the system. If you’re an avid Android user or a developer who does customizations, flashing mod files, installing custom firmware on an Android device a lot and using the Realme 3i device, then this guide is for you. Here in this article, we will share with you Easy Method To Root Realme 3i Using Magisk [No TWRP needed]. The Realme 3i (RMX1821) device offers budget-segment specifications at a very competitive price tag. We will use the Magisk by patching the stock boot image file and flashing to the device boot partition.
You will require to download the patched image file from Magisk Manager and flash it. In order to do this, your device bootloader should be unlocked at first. By rooting your handset, you will get a superuser or administrator access to your device system. Therefore, you can easily customize, change or edit system files according to your preference.
- Realme 3i Specifications: Overview
- What is Rooting?
- Advantages of Rooting:
- Steps To Root Realme 3i Using Magisk
- 1. How to Extract and Patch Boot Image using Magisk?
- 2. How To Install the Patched Boot Image on Realme 3i
Realme 3i Specifications: Overview
The handset was launched in July 2019 with a 6.2-inch IPS LCD HD+ display with 720×1520 pixels resolution. It’s powered by an octa-core Mediatek MT6771 Helio P60 SoC, coupled with Mali-G72 MP3 GPU. The device packs 3GB/4GB of RAM and 32GB/64GB of internal storage options which can be expandable up to 256GB via a MicroSD card.
It runs on Android 9 Pie over ColorOS 6 and supposed to receive the Android 10 update in 2020. The Realme 3i has a dual rear camera setup of a 13MP primary sensor with an f/1.8 lens that offers PDAF. While the secondary 2MP depth sensor comes with HDR mode, an LED flash, etc. The front features a 13MP selfie camera with an f/2.0 lens along with HDR mode.
In terms of the connectivity options, it has Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, a 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Micro USB port, etc. While the device packs with a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, an accelerometer, and proximity sensor. The handset sports a 4,230mAh battery which offers a full day battery life on moderate usage.
What is Rooting?
Rooting for Android means similar to the jailbreaking the device to get access to the root directory of your Android device that gives you the superuser access as an administrator. Therefore, you can use your device over an Android subsystem and system apps.
Though sometimes improper rooting may brick your device or void your device warranty as well (if applicable). But it will give you some unleash power and access to change or edit the system settings, install themes, icons, install other mod files, improve device performance than normal, and more.
Advantages of Rooting:
- You can get access to all root directory files on your Realme 3i.
- Increase the device performance by overclocking.
- Increase battery life as well.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Realme 3i.
- Block Ads on any applications like YouTube.
- You can View, Edit, or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- Install the Xposed Framework and Xposed module support.
Steps To Root Realme 3i Using Magisk
First of all, you should unlock the bootloader on Realme. Then you can continue with the next steps.
- After Rooting, it may void the warranty of your phone.
- Rooting will block the official OTA updates
- Supported Model: Realme 3i (RMX1821) only
- If in case, anything goes wrong or you want to go back, you can unroot.
Download Required Firmware, Drivers, and Tools
Here is the link for the same.
Once you’ve downloaded the Stock Firmware file according to your device model number, you can extract the boot.img file to patch it via the Magisk Manager app.
1. How to Extract and Patch Boot Image using Magisk?
- First of all, download and extract the ROM to your PC.
- Attach your device via USB cable and copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage
- Launch Magisk Manager. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select INSTALL and choose install again.
- Tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Navigate to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image that you transferred earlier.
- Wait for a couple of seconds. Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the ADB fastboot extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Now you can follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
2. How To Install the Patched Boot Image on Realme 3i
- We assume that you have already downloaded the ADB & Fastboot tool from the link given above.
- Now, extract the ADB fastboot tool, then move the patched boot image to the same folder.
- Hold the Shift key and right-click on the mouse to open the command window/PowerShell.
- Next, enter the following command:
- Flash the “patched_boot.img” to install Magisk and root your Android device:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- For devices with A/B partition system, use the following commands:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
- Please replace [patched_boot.img] with the name of the boot image file you downloaded followed by the .img extension.
- The flashing process will begin. Once done, run
How to Verify if your phone has a systemless root?
- Download and install the Magisk Manager app APK, and launch it.
- To verify that you have a systemless root, check the top of the screen and if you see all options with Green Tick which means you have successfully rooted and bypassed SafetyNet.
We assume that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully rooted your Realme 3i handset. For any queries, let us know in the comments below.