Ulefone Armor 6S is one of the latest rugged smartphones that was launched recently in October 2019. The device is quite stronger in terms of durability and powerful in terms of hardware specifications also. If you’re a Ulefone Armor 6S user and want to enable root access on your device, then you’re in right place. Here in this guide, we will help you to Root Ulefone Armor 6S using Magisk without TWRP recovery with all the requirements and step-by-step process.
Most of the Android user loves to customize their smartphones due to its open-source nature. Users mostly perform flashing custom firmware, installing a custom recovery, flashing custom modules, or rooting as well. By gaining the superuser access on your Android device, you can easily tweak or customize your device UI, edit/change system settings, removing bloatware, etc that can’t be possible without rooting.
In order to root your device, we will use Magisk to patch the stock boot image file and flash it on the boot partition of your device. This process will enable root access on your device without affecting the system partitions. Magisk will also hide the security detections like Google SafetyNet, enterprise/bank system integrity checks, game tamper checks, etc.
Now, let’s take a quick look at the device overview below:
Ulefone Armor 6S Specifications
Ulefone Armor 6S comes with a 6.2-inch Full-HD+ notch display offers a resolution of 1080×2246 pixels. Under the hood, it’s powered by the octa-core MediaTek Helio P70 AI chipset, coupled with 6GB of RAM and 128GB internal storage which is expandable up to 256GB via a MicroSD card.
The device packs a dual rear camera setup of a 16MP+8MP sensor with a dual-LED flash and the front features a single 8MP selfie camera with an f/2.0 aperture lens. In terms of the sensors, it has Proximity, Ambient Light, Accelerometer, Compass, Gyroscope, Barometer, Pedometer, rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, and UV light sensor.
While the phone is backed by a 5000mAh battery which supports 9V 2A quick charge along with 10W wireless charging as well. It runs on Android 9.0 Pie and includes connectivity options like USB Type-C, NFC, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n, GPS, GLONASS, etc.
Steps To Root Ulefone Armor 6S Using Magisk
Follow the full depth guide along with requirements and download links below.
Keep in mind:
- Rooting may void the manufacturer’s warranty on your device.
- Rooting will block the firmware OTA updates.
Now, let’s head over to some of the necessary steps which you need to abide by:
- Your phone should have battery juice more than 60% at least.
- Keep a backup of your device data at first. Therefore, if anything goes wrong, you can get back the important data.
- The image file in this article is supported by the Ulefone Armor 6S model only. DO NOT try to flash it on other models.
- You will also require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable in order to connect your device with the computer.
- You should download all the necessary files, tools, and drivers from below accordingly.
1. Steps to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk
- First of all, you will need to download the Stock ROM from above and extract it to your PC.
- Next, connect your device via a USB cable and copy the boot.img file only from the extracted ROM folder to your device storage.
- Launch the Magisk Manager app on your phone. It will open a popup that will ask you to install Magisk.
- Choose the INSTALL option and select Install again.
- Next, tap on the “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Head over to the internal storage and select the boot image file of your device that you’ve moved earlier.
- You need to wait for a while and Magisk will start patching the stock boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched completely, you have to copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Now, you’re ready to follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Ulefone Armor 6S
Follow the proper guide to install Patched Boot Image on Ulefone Armor 6S from below link:
In some cases, if the above method doesn’t work on your Ulefone Armor 6S, then try via ADB fastboot method.
- Now, extract the ADB & Fastboot tool, then move the patched boot image file to the same folder.
- Press and hold down the Shift key + right-mouse-click to open the command window/PowerShell.
- Next, enter the following command in order to flash the “patched_boot.img” to install Magisk and root your Android device:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- For devices with A/B partition system, you have to use the following commands:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
Please replace [patched_boot.img] with the name of the boot image file you downloaded followed by the .img extension.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete.
- Finally, type in the command to reboot your device.
Steps to Verify the Systemless Root
- Launch the Magisk Manager app on your device.
- Now, in order to verify the systemless root access on your phone, you will see the status screen. Here all options should be green ticked if properly rooted. If yes, that means you’ve successfully bypassed the Google SafetyNet measure as well.
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve found this guide useful and have successfully rooted your Ulefone Armor 6S device. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.