Last year, Xiaomi has released the MIUI 10 Global Stable and Global Developer update for most of the eligible Xiaomi MIUI running devices. MIUI 10 is one of the stable and popular custom skins after OxygenOS globally. The best part is that without updating to the latest Android version, users get most of the features. Such as full-screen gestures, new UI, New Sounds, new Camera features, notification panel, lock screen, and more of Android 9.0 Pie version. If you’re using any Xiaomi device over MIUI 10 and wants to revert back to the MIUI 9 skin version, here is the complete guide. Check out the Easy Ways to Downgrade MIUI 10 to MIUI 9 on Any Xiaomi Device.
Additionally, if you don’t get the system performance, RAM Management, battery backup or anything else like the MIUI 9 on your MIUI 10, going back to the previous version will be a better idea. Here in this guide, we will share with you both the Recovery and Fastboot method to downgrade MIUI 10. We will also provide you the download links, pre-requirements for performing the step-by-step guide.
Guide to Downgrade MIUI 10 to MIUI 9 on any Xiaomi
According to us, this is a proper and official way to downgrade the MIUI version and won’t void the device warranty as well. You have to follow all the methods very carefully step-by-steps. This guide will work on every Xiaomi device which is running on MIUI 10. Any of the Mi or Redmi are eligible. Make sure that your device has the official MIUI 9 ROM available on the MIUI official site.
Now, let’s start the downgrading process via the Recovery method.
Downgrade MIUI 10 to MIUI 9 via Recovery Method (Recommended)
- Download the latest MIUI 9 Recovery ROM file for your phone model from official MIUI site. Only the latest MIUI 9 zip file will work perfectly.
- Copy the MIUI 9 recovery zip file on your device internal storage into any folder.
- Now, go to the device Settings menu > About phone > System Update and tap on the three dots icon from the upper right corner.
- Select the option Choose Update Package.
- Now, choose the MIUI 9 recovery zip file which you’ve downloaded and copied earlier into a folder. Tap on OK to start the flashing process.
- Next, you will see the warning message on your phone “Erase Data”. Tap on it and then wait for it.
- Your phone will reboot and the installation process will start. This may take up to 10-15 minutes approximately.
- Once the MIUI 9 is successfully installed on your phone, your phone will boot automatically into a new system.
Now you successfully Downgraded your Xiaomi device from MIUI 10 to MIUI 9 via recovery method. This is the best and simple way. If in case, anything goes wrong and you are getting some error like couldn’t verify package then check out the other guide from below.
Downgrade MIUI 10 to MIUI 9 on a Rooted Xiaomi Device via TWRP Recovery
- Download MIUI 9 Recovery ROM file for your phone.
- Copy the ROM file on your device storage. (Internal/External)
- Now, boot your phone into TWRP recovery mode if your device is already rooted. In order, to boot into TWRP, switch off your phone and press & hold Volume UP + Power button together.
- Once you’re in the TWRP recovery mode, Go to the Wipe > Advanced wipe.
- Select Dalvik, Cache, System, and Data then perform Swipe to Wipe.
- Now, go back to the main TWRP menu and tap on the Install button and choose the firmware file and select it to flash.
- Once the MIUI 9 zip file is flashed on your device, reboot your phone normally.
- You’re done.
Downgrade MIUI 10 to MIUI 9 via Fastboot Method
If you’re using the MIUI Global Developer ROM or Beta ROM, you have to download and flash the Fastboot (.tgz) file on your device via Mi flash tool and a Windows PC. Check out the requirements below:
- You will need to download the Fastboot ROM (.tgz) file according to your device model.
- A Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable is required.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Make sure to take a complete backup without Root of your device data at first before doing anything.
- Download and install the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
Now, let’s take a look at the Fastboot ROM installation method.
- First, download the MIUI 9 based Fastboot ROM from Official MIUI site.
- Now, you need a Mi flash tool to flash this MIUI fastboot ROM on your Mi or Redmi device.
- Next, follow the below guide to flash Fastboot ROM on Xiaomi devices. For your easy understanding, we have also provided the video guide.
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:Video Guide on Steps to Flash Xiaomi Device using Fastboot Method
Hope this guide is helpful to you. In case, anything goes wrong or you’re facing any issues, feel free to write in the comments below.