Today Android has over 80 percent of world’s total smartphone users under its camp. Android OS is popular thanks to Google’s unique approach and constant zeal to fine tune the operating system as per the need of the modern users. However, thanks to the rise in demand on Android-based smartphones which has led to the rise of many new OEMs in the scene. It is for these upcoming and promising smartphone manufacturers who are contributing to Android’s thriving presence in the world.
These manufacturers usually produce smartphones with latest Android OS and capable hardware. All this comes into the customer’s hand at a very reasonable price. We usually term these devices as budget or entry-level smartphones. They definitely do not have the big branding behind them, but they fulfill the user experience at a minimal price. One such latest budget-friendly smartphone is the Elephone A5. In this post, we have brought you a complete review of Elephone A5 with all its specifications detailed out for your convenience of understanding. We have also addressed all the FAQs(Frequently Asked Questions) which you can find at the end of this review.
Elephone A5 Specifications
First of all, let’s check out some of the primary specifications of the Elephone A5. It is useful for those enthusiasts who like a more brief glance at the complete anatomy of the which you may find useful for a quick glance.
|Processor||MediaTek Helio P60 MT6771|
|Operating System||Android v8.1 Oreo|
|SIM Type||Dual Nano SIM|
|Display||6.18-inch IPS LCD Display|
|Camera|| Rear: 12MP + 5MP + 2MP|
Front: 20 MP+2 MP
The budget entry from Elephone packs an Helio P60 Chipset from MediaTek. This processor is actually efficient and is widely seen these days running the low-midrange and budget smartphones. In my opinion, users at the budget level usually look for smoother day-to-day usage. They don’t really care about the premium-ness of the chipset. Helio P60 simply and efficiently executes the same.
Memory & Storage
The Elephone A5 comes in two versions. The first is of 4 GB RAM with 64 GB storage. There is a bigger version as well which comes with a 6GB of memory and 128 GB of device storage. The storge is expendable which is an obvious fact and acts as a selling point for the budget devices.
Display and Build
Budget phones always stick to the decent IPS LCD panel and so does the latest Elephone A5. However, fulfilling the modern day expectations, this device implies 1080 pixel display which is of a good 6.2-inches. The display has a noticeable notch which actually houses two selfie cameras.
If we look at its design, it has a striking similarity to that of the Huawei P20 Pro. However, Elephone does a good job loudly branding its logo on the rear panel which differentiates it from any other phones. The sides of the A5 is of aluminum which is good given its a budget device.
The left side of the device houses only the SIM ray. However, the right side has a circular power button, and the fingerprint sensor as well. The finger sensor works good and you can also launch apps by tapping on it.
The Elephone A5 runs Android 8.1 Oreo out-of-the-box and the company claims they will upgrade this device to Android 9.0 Pie in future. Well, this may not be possible but ain’ improbable. The A5 doesn’t pack clutter in the form of pre-installed Apps. It’s mostly a clean UI with Elephone’s own interface mixed with regular Android OS.
Elephone knows how to take advantage of the current market trends. So, it drops the A5 with 5 cameras. There are 3 cameras on the rear and 2 selfie shooters on the front. The rear has 12+5+0.3 MP camera set-up. The third one is a depth sensor. Again it has two selfie cameras of 20+2 MP on the front. The device can take a decent image with Bokeh effects and panorama. There is also a 3D effect which you can use to view the image from various sides.
One good thing about the budget devices from Chinese manufacturers is their battery life. We mostly see devices with 4000mAh power. The Elephone A5 is no exception and packs a 4000mAh battery which can easily last one day when taken for day-to-day use.
The Elephone A5 costs around $250.It’s available on most e-commerce portals at a discounted price. It has the latest features and the price looks pretty reasonable.
Elephone A5: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
You might be thinking to buy the device. But it is always better to learn more about the device before going ahead and purchasing it straight off. So today, in this post, we would be covering on everything you need to know about the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3. So without any further, we do, let’s start our post on Elephone A5: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
- Does Elephone A5 have a Notch?
Yes, the Elephone A5 comes with a notch.
- What is the screen-to-body ratio?
The Elephone A5 has a 91% screen-to-body ratio.
- What is back of Elephone A5 made up of?
The Elephone A5 has a metal back design which looks quite premium.
- How much the Elephone A5 weighs?
The Elephone A5 weighs around 218 grams.
- Does Elephone A5 come with Fingerprint sensor?
Yes, the Elephone A5 comes with the rear fingerprint sensor.
- What is the Elephone A5 measurement?
The Elephone A5 measurements are 157.9 x 74.7 x 8.5 mm (height x width x thickness).
- What is the aspect ratio on Elephone A5?
The Elephone A5 has a 19.5:9 Aspect Ratio.
- What is the Screen Size of the Elephone A5?
The Elephone A5 has 6.2 inches LCD Display.
- Does the Elephone A5 support Adaptive Brightness?
Yes, the Elephone A5 does come with Adaptive Brightness feature.
- Does Elephone A5 have any kind of screen protection?
Yes, the Elephone A5 comes with Gorilla Glass.
- Does Elephone A5 come with on-screen buttons or Capacitive buttons?
The Elephone A5 comes with on-screen navigation keys.
- What is the Elephone A5 pixel resolution?
The Pixel resolution of the Elephone A5 is 2340 X 1080 pixels.
- What kind of Display Panel is used on Elephone A5?
The Elephone A5 uses an IPS LCD display panel.
- What is the Elephone A5 pixel density?
The Elephone A5 has a pixel density of 286 PPI.
- What processor is used in the Elephone A5?
The Elephone A5 is powered by an Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P60 which is clocked at 2.8 GHz. This processor is coupled up with the Mali G732 GPU.
- How much RAM does the Elephone A5 have?
The Elephone A5 comes in 2 variants with 4 and 6GB of RAM.
- How much Storage does the Elephone A5 have?
The Elephone A5 comes in two variants of storage, one with 64 GB of Storage and another one with 128 GB of Storage.
- How good is the overall performance?
The Mi Mix 3 has an Helio P60 chip inside which performs efficiently.
- What is the Android Version of the Elephone A5?
The Elephone A5 runs on the Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box.
- Can the Elephone A5 run PUBG Mobile?
Yes, you can easily play the PUBG Mobile on the Elephone A5.
- Can I uninstall or disable pre-installed apps on the Elephone A5?
No, you cannot uninstall or disable pre-installed apps on the Elephone A5.
- How is the multitasking experience on Elephone A5?
The multitasking experience on the Elephone A5 is quite good.
- Does the Elephone A5 have dual cameras?
Yes, the Elephone A5 has a triple camera set up at the rear(12+5 +0.3MP).
- How good is the Front Facing Camera?
The Elephone A5 has a 20+2 MP camera, which performs really well.
- Does the Elephone A5 camera have EIS or OIS?
No, the Elephone A5 does have EIS and OIS for image and video stabilization.
- Does the Elephone A5 have portrait mode?
Yes, the Elephone A5 does support portrait mode.
- Can Elephone A5 take images with Bokeh effect?
Yes, you can take bokeh effect shots with the Elephone A5.
- Can it shoot 4K video?
Yes, you can shoot 4K video with the rear camera of the Elephone A5.
- Does Elephone A5 support face unlock feature?
No, the Elephone A5 does not support face unlocking.
- Can Mi Mix 3 record Slow motion Videos?
The Mi Mix 3 can capture slow-motion video recording.
- Does Elephone A5 come with IRIS scanner?
No, the Mi Mix 3 does not come with an IRIS Scanner.
- What’s the battery capacity of the Elephone A5 ?
The Elephone A5 has a 4000 mAh capacity battery under the hood.
- How long does the Elephone A5’s battery last?
The battery on the Elephone A5 would easily last you a day or more depending upon the usage.
- Does Elephone A5 support fast charging?
Yes, the Elephone A5 does support fast charging.
- Does the Elephone A5 have wireless charging?
No, the Elephone A5 does not support wireless charging.
- Does Elephone A5 have power saver mode?
Yes, the Elephone A5 does have power saving mode.
- Does the Elephone A5 have dual SIM support?
Yes, the Elephone A5 does support dual SIM.
- Does the Elephone A5 come with a dedicated microSD Card Slot?
No, the Elephone A5 doesn’t come with a dedicated microSD Card Slot.
- Does the Elephone A5 support 4G VoLTE?
Yes, the Elephone A5 does supports 4G VoLTE out of the box.
- Does the Elephone A5 have a headphone jack?
Yes, the Elephone A5 has a headphone jack.
- Does the Mi Mix 3 have a USB-C port?
Yes, the Mi Mix 3 decided has USB type-c port.
- How is the call reception quality?
The call reception quality is good on the Elephone A5.
- Does Elephone A5 support NFC?
No, the Elephone A5 does not support NFC.
- Does Elephone A5 support USB OTG?
Yes, the Elephone A5 does support USB OTG.
- Does Elephone A5 have an IR blaster?
No, the Elephone A5 does not have an IR Blaster.
- What sensors are available on the Elephone A5?
The Elephone A5 has Fingerprint, accelerometer, proximity, gyroscope, compass sensors.
- Does the Elephone A5 have stereo speakers?
No, the Elephone A5 does not have stereo speakers.
- Does Elephone A5 have an FM app?
No, the Elephone A5 does come with an FM App.
- Does Elephone A5 support VR?
No, the Elephone A5 is not compatible with VR.
- Does the Elephone A5 feature a notification LED?
No, the Elephone A5 does not feature a notification LED.
- Does Elephone A5 have any heating issues?
No, there are no heating issues with the Elephone A5.
- How to take screenshots in Mi Mix 3?
To take a screenshot on your Mi Mix 3, you need to Press Volume down and Power button at the same time.
- Is the Elephone A5 waterproof or not?
No, the Elephone A5 is not waterproof and does not have any IP level certification.
- Is Elephone A5 Dustproof?
No, the Elephone A5 is not dust proof.
- Does Elephone A5 support App lock?
No, the Elephone A5 does not have the App Lock feature. Though you can use any third party application for this job.
- Can I Install 2 WhatsApp on the Elephone A5?
No, you cannot install 2 WhatsApp on your Elephone A5 officially.
- Does Elephone A5 have a split screen feature?
Yes, the Elephone A5 does have a split screen feature.
- What’s the pricing of the Elephone A5?
The Mi Mix 3 price starts from $250 for the 4/64 GB variant.
The Elephone A5 is a steal for the people looking for budget phones. It can be an efficient daily driver with latest multi-camera set-up and Android OS. The price is reasonable enough, so Elephone A5 will definitely do good in the budget segment.