Samsung Galaxy Buds is a great wireless earphone that is a clear-cut competitor to the Apple AirPods. It was launched along with the Samsung Galaxy S10 and was bundled with it. Since then the Samsung Galaxy Buds has gained quite a popularity. These are almost the go-to wireless earbuds for Android smartphone users. Moreover, it has a lot of features that make it a reliable and a true alternative to the Apple AirPods.
In this article, we will look at how to enable ambient sound mode on the Samsung Galaxy Earbuds. I have listed the methods as well as all the features that the new update has brought in for the earbuds software. So, without further ado, let get straight into the article.
What is Ambient Mode?
For those who are using the Galaxy Buds for the first time or are unaware of ambient mode, this is for you. Ambient Mode is a feature available on the Samsung Galaxy Buds, that allows you to listen to your surroundings even if you are wearing your earbuds. Many times the situation arises that we want to cut ourselves from the surroundings and want some peaceful alone time. But, it is also very important to stay aware of what’s happening in your surroundings.
Ambient mode allows you to listen to your surroundings even if you are lost in your favorite song. This comes handy during potentially dangerous situations. The Ambient Mode lets the surrounding noise flow into your earbuds so, you can stay aware and keep a check on what is happening around you.
Features of Ambient Mode
Whenever you activate the Ambient mode on your Galaxy Buds, you will instantly hear an increase in the external sound. Here are some tips and features about this mode;
- You can control the volume of the ambient mode depending on the scene or location via the Ambient Sound Volume function.
- The Voice Focus function lets you here more distinct and clear noise about your surroundings.
- The Ambient Sound Mode is automatically disabled during a call. After the call ends, the Ambient Mode gets enabled automatically.
- While in Ambient Sound Mode, feedback may be provided regarding volume or accidental touches to the microphone.
Enable Fast Ambient Sound Mode on the Galaxy Buds
Fast Ambient Sound Mode lets you hear the surrounding noises when you lower your music volume. You can listen to your surroundings for one minute. This mode is available even if you have disabled the Ambient Sound Mode. here are the steps to enable this mode;
- Tap and hold the trackpad for a moment to enable and use the Fast Ambient Sound Mode. If you are listening to music, then the volume will be automatically lowered.
- Once you release the finger from the trackpad, the Fast Ambient Sound Mode will be turned off and your normal music volume will be again set.
Setting Preset Functions on the Galaxy Buds
You can select different presets for your Galaxy Buds from the application on your Android Device.
- Open the Galaxy Wearable application on your Android device.
- Tap on the trackpad.
- Then tap the left or right side trackpad with a long press. And, you will see different presets.
- Bixby: Talk to the Smart Voice Assistant.
- Fast Ambient Sound Mode: While lowering the music volume, you can temporarily hear the external sound for up to one minute.
- Volume down / Volume up: For adjusting the volume. whenever you select volume adjustment as the preset click function on one side, it is also automatically set to the volume adjustment function on the other side.
- After the volume adjustment function is selected, whenever you try to change the preset for one earbud, it will be automatically changed for the other earbud as well.
What’s with the New Update?
Many users reported frequent disconnection with Bluetooth and Ambient Sound issues with the Galaxy Buds. Samsung has released a new update which is just 1.35MB in size for the Earbuds Software. The firmware version is R170XXU0ASE1.
According to SamMobile, this new update brings along fixes for the Ambient Mode and the Bluetooth connection issues and now the Galaxy Buds seem to be working perfectly. You also get a notification alert whenever you turn on the Ambient Mode.
- Stabilized Bluetooth connection through added fixes.
- Resolved sound loss on one side of the earbuds during Ambient sound.
- Notification alert applied to Ambient sound when selected via long press.