Face Recognition technology is designed to allow a system, correctly identify the face of the person. There are a lot of smartphones that are very good at it and OnePlus is among them. In the previous OnePlus phones like the OnePlus 7 Series, the face recognition was fast and snappy and it was expected to be the same for OnePlus 8 Series. Follow the below-guided tutorial to Enable Face Recognition lock on OnePlus 8 Pro, in very simple and straightforward steps.
A facial recognition system is a technology capable of identifying or verifying a person from a digital image or a video frame from a video source. It is less secure than other screen unlocks options like PIN, password, fingerprint, or pattern but if you want a secondary way to unlock, it will do.
OnePlus 8 Pro Quick Specs Overview
OnePlus 8 Pro smartphone runs on the Android 10 (Q) operating system. The phone is powered by Octa-core (2.84 GHz, Single core, Kryo 585 + 2.42 GHz, Tri core, Kryo 585 + 1.8 GHz, Quad-core, Kryo 585) processor. It runs on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Chipset. It has 8 GB RAM and 128 GB internal storage.
OnePlus 8 Pro smartphone has a Fluid AMOLED display. It measures 165.3 mm x 74.3 mm x 8.5 mm and weighs 199 grams. The screen has a resolution of 1440 x 3168 pixels and 513 PPI pixel density. It has an aspect ratio of 19.8:9 and a screen-to-body ratio of 90.36 %. On the camera front, the buyers get a 16 MP f/2.45 Primary Camera(3″ sensor size, 1µm pixel size) and on the rear, there’s a 48+48+8+5 MP camera with features like Fixed Focus. It is backed by a 4510 mAh battery. Connectivity features in the smartphone include WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, Volte, NFC, and more.
Enable Face Recognition Lock on OnePlus 8 Pro
- Open Settings either from the App Drawer or Notification center.
- Scroll down and tap the Security and Lock Screen.
- Under the Security and Lock Screen tab, you will find other different methods by which you can unlock or protect your device.
- It has a screen lock, face unlocks, and find my device options.
- Tap on the Face Unlock option to set up and use the Face Recognition technology of the phone.
- Once you in the Face Unlock tab, you will be prompted to enter the PIN or Password.
- Enter any one of them to enable and access the Face Unlock feature.
- Moreover, you can use this PIN or Password whenever you want to make changes to the Face Unlock Feature.
- After you have entered the PIN or Password tap Ok.
- Then tap on Add Face Data and tap select Next. All this option is under the Face Management section.
- The front camera will open in your OnePlus 8 Pro.
- Now you have to register your face with the device. Place the camera 20-30 cm away from your face to start the capturing process.
- Note that it captures the best when you are under good lighting conditions.
- Record your face until the process reaches 100% on your device.
- After this, you will see “Face Unlock Setup Done” on your screen. Lastly, tap Confirm to complete the process.
This was the easiest way to Disable Background Data usage on OnePlus 8 Pro. Follow them carefully to enable the feature in your device. Double-tap the screen or press the power button to wake your device, and then glance at the camera to unlock the device. Face Unlock will recognize you whether you’re wearing a hat, glasses; as long as you’re awake.
If you are facing any type of issue with your OnePlus 8 Pro then check our OnePlus 8 Pro Troubleshooting Guide to fix them. We have listed a lot of issues and their solutions in the guide.
Do you own an OnePlus Device, or any Android device and need these types of simple tutorials? Then stay tunned to GetDroidTips’ Android Tips & Tricks column because many simple tutorials for OnePlus are coming soon.
If you have any queries regarding this, the comment section always available for you.
- How to Fix if IMS Service Has Stopped on OnePlus 8 Pro
- How to Record Screen with Internal Audio on OnePlus 8 Pro
- How to Fix Blurry Camera or Not Focusing Quickly Issue on OnePlus 8 Pro
- How to Fix Microphone Not Working Problem on OnePlus 8 Pro
- How to fix when you Can’t Make Calls or Receive Calls on OnePlus 8 Pro?
- How to Fix OnePlus 8 Pro with No Internet Available Error when using WiFi?